Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Fairing gone awol...need a new set (/showthread.php?t=150305)

Flanners 22-Sep-2012 20:14

Fairing gone awol...need a new set

Took my 916SPS out for a blat this morning and all was well (new tank pump seal, new belts, oil and plugs etc. She was a pleasure to ride......at a number of leptons I became aware of a sharp pain in my side, the bike skipped sideways.

WTF..............looked down and there was a piece of fairing sticking out. Thought has a tyre just hit me, then saw that the whole two sides had gone for a burton, only a small bit was left.

Need a new top/nose and sides....thinking of a Hong Kong set as they look quite good and my other toys need money.

Anyone recommend me a supplier from HK or in UK I know it may require a few holes and a bit of pushing and pulling for fit may not be 100% but as near as dam it.

Manga 22-Sep-2012 20:18

I have a nice pair of side fairings off a 996 if your interested?

More pics if you want em

Flanners 22-Sep-2012 20:51

OOOhh they look good. Will PM you.

bradders 22-Sep-2012 21:14

Feck. Had the same, at £1600 i claimed thru my insurance

Flanners 23-Sep-2012 10:39

Thanks Manga!

Now just need the nose fairing........anyone got one? (hoping mine can be repaired although just seen there is a piece missing.

Flanners 05-Jan-2013 17:52

All back together! Had the nose cone repaired in Dartford, Kent by 1 Off Design

http://www.1off-design.co.uk/

The nose fairing had 3 of the four holes ripped out and a piece missing from the end when the side panels flew off. 1 Off have repaired and repainted the nose cone and it looks superb on the bike you cannot see the repair at all. New set of Dzus (machined ones!) and the bike looks superb again. Only thing is it's not a 996 as the fairings state but a 916SPS (same difference), may repaint in future. Cost me £400 to fix not too bad as new parts would have been a crazy price or an insurance hike!

Need to ride as belts were just done end of Summer, this rain is annoying!

skidlids 05-Jan-2013 18:03

I'm hoping to be out riding tomorrow

Good to hear its all back together and your happy with the repair work