Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Track Bike Insurance (/showthread.php?t=35394)

Paul D 27-Aug-2006 22:04

Track Bike Insurance

I am sure I read somewhere that Bennetts were doing track bike insurance for theft of the bike from home and cover during transport to a track (but not while riding) for £99 a year. Did I imagine it or has anyone else heard of it?

TP 27-Aug-2006 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul D
I am sure I read somewhere that Bennetts were doing track bike insurance for theft of the bike from home and cover during transport to a track (but not while riding) for £99 a year. Did I imagine it or has anyone else heard of it?

Never heard of it to be honest, maybe give em a ring?

Sounds pretty reasonable though.

Dibble 27-Aug-2006 22:11

I'd be amazed, at £99 they may as well give it away, with the amount of bikes going missing at trackdays and from hotel car parks they are a far greater risk than a £99 premium, probably costs them a third of that to issue the policy !!!!

Nattyboy 27-Aug-2006 22:20

Not heard of that but would be interested to know. Best deal I could find for £3500 cover was £183 with competition car insurance..

Nat

Nattyboy 27-Aug-2006 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIBBLE
I'd be amazed, at £99 they may as well give it away, with the amount of bikes going missing at trackdays and from hotel car parks they are a far greater risk than a £99 premium, probably costs them a third of that to issue the policy !!!!

You heard of quite a few going missing then Dibble ???

Nat

Dibble 27-Aug-2006 22:26

yep, unfortunately, a couple of the hotels in and around Rockingham have become notorious, hence i'm very picky about my b&b venues

yeti 28-Aug-2006 11:38

There's an outfit in Nottingham insure my bike for transport, accidental damage, theft etc. Costs me around 300 quid for 30k cover. Both Logyk and I have used them. you need to supply a fair bit of evidence to prove what you are insuring tho.

Will try to dig out the details if anyone wants them.

Wylie1 28-Aug-2006 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul D

I believe Bennetts offer a policy for £99, but as far as I know it's for off-road bikes only. Probably worth giving them a call though as the replacement cost of bikes/ risk is comaprable to the average trackday bike, ie. between £2k-£5k.

Another option that might be worth looking into is ' bikers home insurance ' from MCE. They claim to be " the only home insurance policy that covers your bikes, riding gear & helmets ", offering " free laid up fire & theft insurance " with their policies. I've not used them, just seen their adverts in a mag. Their phone No is 0870 420 7520

deej 02-Sep-2006 18:50

or you could claim for helmets and clothing on your home insurance like i had to last year with direct line,no questiosn asked as long as recipts or proof of gear is available.