Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Feeling grumpy! (/showthread.php?t=81295)

ChrisBushell 21-Dec-2009 15:22

Feeling grumpy!

It must be something do with the weather, but my temper has been a bit short of late and I am definately a little on the irritable side at the moment.

Now yet again I had to go into the Post Office in Sevenoaks this morning, to collect some parcels and letters.

Now the parcels wouldn't have fitted through the letter box - thats fair; but then we got onto the letters!

I had 3 letters from Club members that had been posted in A4 envelopes, but with the "small" letter stamps on, so I had to pay 3 x £1.08 to receive them. 1 included another A4 envelope for their ACU licence, again with a "small" letter stamp on it!

Then what really did it, was 4 Christmas cards, that they wanted £1.08 each for because the people sending them hadn't put a "large" stamp on them! So I now have to pay for the privilage of receiving Christmas cards.

Must admit didn't feel cold on the way home - with steam coming out of my ears!

antonye 21-Dec-2009 17:57

Grumpy at the moment? :frog:

You should have just rejected them all, that's what I do - let the Post Office return them at their expense.

Ghost 21-Dec-2009 23:27

Short temper!! what you need is a fkin good argument. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
It must be something do with the weather, but my temper has been a bit short of late and I am definately a little on the irritable side at the moment.

Now yet again I had to go into the Post Office in Sevenoaks this morning, to collect some parcels and letters.

Now the parcels wouldn't have fitted through the letter box - thats fair; but then we got onto the letters!

I had 3 letters from Club members that had been posted in A4 envelopes, but with the "small" letter stamps on, so I had to pay 3 x £1.08 to receive them. 1 included another A4 envelope for their ACU licence, again with a "small" letter stamp on it!

Then what really did it, was 4 Christmas cards, that they wanted £1.08 each for because the people sending them hadn't put a "large" stamp on them! So I now have to pay for the privilage of receiving Christmas cards.

Must admit didn't feel cold on the way home - with steam coming out of my ears!

Gbyte666 21-Dec-2009 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Short temper!! what you need is a fkin good argument. ;)

NO YOU DONT

Craig

paynep 21-Dec-2009 23:47

Took nearly 6 hours to cover the 25 miles from work to home - and then had to leave the car a mile from home because the f&@~#ng council dont grit any of the hills.

Think I'll send many letters of complaint - all in A4 envelopes with no stamps.

Barstewards.

And as for those t055ers in poncy 4x4s that can't drive in the snow.......

God I'm pi55ed off - where's the link to the other Ducati site...

skidlids 22-Dec-2009 01:01

[quote=paynep]

Think I'll send many letters of complaint - all in A4 envelopes with no stamps.
QUOTE]

Brilliant :eureka:

BandyLegs 22-Dec-2009 08:08

Feeling Grumpy!?!

Aaargh!
Too much detail Chris.
Anyways, not only will you make the other 6 jealous but in some countries I do believe that's an arrestable offence :lol:

Annette 22-Dec-2009 09:27

We sometimes don't get mail from one month to the next. There's one post girl, on a motorbike, and when she's on holiday or sick, that that. Niente! On a good week we probably only see her twice. Parcels and recorded deliveries just get left on the road. It's taking a while for Italy to loose it's Marxism. People vie for government jobs because they only go to work for half a day, but they don't have to do anything when they get there. You can't sack a government employee, and you can't replace a sick one. Their work just waits for their return. Meanwhile, their Marxist bosses rationalize that they deserve the best of everything because they are governing for the people. And the big cheese gets everything because he owns the Italian media, lock, stock and barrel! We'll probably get this years Christmas cards just in time for next Christmas. So, things in Sevenoaks could be worse Chris. Happy Christmas all x

MLC Racing 22-Dec-2009 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette
We sometimes don't get mail from one month to the next. There's one post girl, on a motorbike, and when she's on holiday or sick, that that. Niente! On a good week we probably only see her twice. Parcels and recorded deliveries just get left on the road. It's taking a while for Italy to loose it's Marxism. People vie for government jobs because they only go to work for half a day, but they don't have to do anything when they get there. You can't sack a government employee, and you can't replace a sick one. Their work just waits for their return. Meanwhile, their Marxist bosses rationalize that they deserve the best of everything because they are governing for the people. And the big cheese gets everything because he owns the Italian media, lock, stock and barrel! We'll probably get this years Christmas cards just in time for next Christmas. So, things in Sevenoaks could be worse Chris. Happy Christmas all x

Have you got room for 1 more!!

MLC Racing 22-Dec-2009 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbyte666
NO YOU DONT

Craig

Oh yes you do!