Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   749s stalling at lights (/showthread.php?t=25543)

mark749s 03-Jan-2006 15:40

749s stalling at lights

what is the views on 749s stalling at the lights
mine is an 04 model 6 months old
i.e. yes they all do it most of the time
yes they all do it now and again
it happens rarely
it never stalls at all

your feedback would be helpful

Mark

Bibjo 03-Jan-2006 15:46

when I first got my 2005 749 it stalled every time I slowed down or came to a stop or was pulling away....very dangerous it was too! took it back to dealership who said it had been set up wrong at factory...it is much better now...but I just tend to leave the idle open a fraction to prevent.

ak47 03-Jan-2006 15:51

Get it to a dealer as soon as you can. Mine has had the same problem and it still isn't fixed.......It went in in august!!

I think they are about to give up on it now!!!:devil::devil::mad::mad::mad:

Carbon749 03-Jan-2006 15:56

Most seem to do it until they get there first dealer service.

A dealer should be able to set it up so that it will be fine. Mine still stalls, but, once in a blue moon. Tends to be while it is still cold and when I shut the throttle off for a junction or similar.

[Edited on 3-1-2006 by Carbon749]

dickieducati 03-Jan-2006 16:00

after mine had been set up correctly by jhp it was fine. i still run it with a 2k tick over though.

audicdl 03-Jan-2006 16:23

Mine did it until I fitted a Termignoni exhaust. It's not done it since. I've read somewhere else on here that the dealers can change the cam timing to make it do it less.
Chris

Twinfan 03-Jan-2006 17:09

Yep, it's all in the cam timing and setup. Mine started doing it last winter when the temperature dropped. A setup sorted it.

It started doing it again after having Termis fitted. I've had it serviced and the fuelling setup again but I haven't ridden it yet to try it out.

The '04 and '05 749S is a VERY fickle beast when it comes to this issue. The cam timing has to be spot on, as does the CO2 mix and the idle.

Davieravie 03-Jan-2006 19:55

Ive noticed it tends to do it on the SLIGHTLY colder days. It runs perfect during the summer/spring months but when the temperature starts to drop, the stalling starts. Then I know it's time for the winter layup. :bouncy:

soloman 03-Jan-2006 20:16

Had same problem with mine, so took it to the dealer who advised me that it was the cam timing, which, apparently, is a common problem with 999bp, 999s and 749s which is usually sorted at 1st service!

We can sort that out for you sir, just need the bike and to relieve you of around £130!!!!
Previous owner ran Termis so never had the problem, and never needed to have the timing reset, and as its an '03 wasn't covered by the warranty!
Anyhow, i paid the man and took comfort in the thought that it was no longer going to cut out at completely random intervals. Went to pick it up two days later and on the journey home..........yup! you guessed it.......pthaaaah! cut out at a roundabout and with all its Italian "character" wouldn't re start straight away!

Its been back and still does it, so, in my opinion, i was left with only two choices, and this is my advice to you:
1. Termis
2. PCIII

Have just finished fitting the Termis today so here's hoping no more embaressing or dangerous moments!

ak47 03-Jan-2006 22:35

not wishing to dampen your spirits, but mine does it with the termis and chip.....fingers crossed yours is better!!