Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Alarms and Related Security (/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   sold secure my ar*e (/showthread.php?t=22500)

blueduke 04-Oct-2005 13:03

sold secure my ar*e

Oops!

http://www.zanx.net/soldsecuremyarse.wmv

:o

Jasper 04-Oct-2005 13:42

Is tha the ones they wouldn't withraw-until all the shops refused to stock them?:mad:

antonye 04-Oct-2005 13:43

My favourite party trick - opening a barrel lock with a pen!

This is about a year old and most manufacturers withdrew stock and offered free replacements.

Handy to know though - I certainly don't use one anymore.

HW 04-Oct-2005 13:48

wow .... I knew about this but that's the first time I've seen it done. I always assumed it was the pointy end of a pen you had to prod about with, not just a bit of plastic tube shoved in the lock!

YMFB 04-Oct-2005 16:00

my ST4 came supplied with a U lock under the seat, the key/lock part looks remarkably similar to the one in the video.

Anyone know if the same trick works on the Ducati supplied locks as I dont appear to have a pen that is the correct colour sorry diameter to test it.

antonye 04-Oct-2005 16:24

It does work on all barrel locks (allegedly) if you have the right diameter and softness of pen. The plastic deforms as you push it into the barrel and with a twist of the wrist the pins find their own keying, to allow the lock to open.

Beware that it f**ks your lock up as I've not been able to reset the lock using the same method, without filing down the tab on the key and doing it that way!

I find that my daughter's Crayola Colouring felt-tip lids are the best ones, but once the plastic starts to wear you need to trim it down with a knife or pair of scissors to make it work again.

I'll try to remember to bring my demo lock and pens along to Cadwell and will teach you how to do it...

BIG-G 04-Oct-2005 16:49

I'm still using one of these. They should sell the added feature that if you loose your keys you only need a pen.
G