Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   INSIDE INFO ABOUT GP HRC RIDERS 2005 (/showthread.php?t=12279)

revdecal 08-Dec-2004 12:21

INSIDE INFO ABOUT GP HRC RIDERS 2005

Just came back from Beijing and when out there met a chap who works for the graphic design dept for Honda.
He is in charge of producing the literature and designs for the motorsport dept and apparentl the 2 factory HRC riders for 2005 are......

Nicky Hayden & Gibernau!!

They are also going back to the method of throwing everything at those 2 riders (as in the Rossi days) and not filtering it all through the satellite teams, as they did last year.That mistake has been noted!

Should be interesting....Haydens obviously talented but dont know if he stills deserves the factory ride over Biaggi.

:puzzled:

neilkeogh 08-Dec-2004 12:50

I agree with you there matey, Biaggi with a wealth of experience could give them the feed back that they will be looking for, Hayden is one for the future, who could be dripfed parts throughout the year.

I bet Edwards is thinking thank fcuk I'm out of that arrangement, brilliant rider that he is he is never going to be a top rider for that manufacturer.........whos name I cannot say!;)

Steve M 08-Dec-2004 12:54

but I thought Biaggi had signed :puzzled:

Michael J 08-Dec-2004 15:28

Will Gibernau take his Telefonica sponsorship with him?

revdecal 09-Dec-2004 10:39

sorry guys! cock up on my part!!

Just spoke to my mate and i got it wrong, its confirmed that Hayden and Biaggi are the factory HRC riders and Gibernau/Telefonica are joined by Melandri.

:roll:

Makes more sense now!!!!!!!!!!

TP 09-Dec-2004 11:29

Does this mean Troy is at least 5th in the pecking order?

He should still do well, be nice to see him get some current parts though.