Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   What bits are missing??? (/showthread.php?t=80570)

diehard 07-Sep-2009 15:47

What bits are missing???

Alright,

Just on with putting a rear light and also numberplate hanger on my new 749, but seem to be missing something???

Basically, the numberplate bracket does not mate up with the shape/holes of the can when metal to metal... Am I missing a rubber bracket or spacers etc?

Also the same is with the rear light cluster, I have the plastic disk and associated metal heat shield, but they do not mate up to the 4 threaded rods on the underside of the baffler, definatly missing something???

Any help would be great,

Cheers,

Diehard

P.S. I have just put five 749 items on eBay, including a yellow tank and single seat unit, have a search under 'diehard800' as seller ;)

antonye 07-Sep-2009 18:56

Download the parts manual for your bike from the Ducati website, as this gives you an excellent view of which bits go where!

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/servi...l?family=parts

chrisw 07-Sep-2009 22:28

1 Attachment(s)
This should help

deej 08-Sep-2009 01:07

does anyone have any exoerience of fitting the r n g/ evotech perf tail tidys, are they worth the money ??

KeefyB 08-Sep-2009 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by deej
does anyone have any exoerience of fitting the r n g/ evotech perf tail tidys, are they worth the money ??

They certainly look sturdy bits of kit.The R&G one seems to be good value as you also get a replacement l.e.d light and mini indicators.(If thats your thang!)
As with all 749/999 tail tidies,be carefull when using a full sized legal number plate.Some of them get real close to the rear tyre on full suspension compression.I have lost a couple in the past.
I've got a Ducati Performance carbon tidy on my 999S.Not the cheapest,(£110),but looks the business.:)

diehard 08-Sep-2009 12:32

Cheers for the replies people! :D

Now have the part numbers of 4 tiny brackets I need... Probs be £100 a piece lol

antonye 08-Sep-2009 15:13

No worries, we're all nice and helpful here!
A good tip for buying parts is to check the price with your friendly dealer first before checking ebay or similar- sometimes it's cheaper to buy direct from the dealer!

diehard 08-Sep-2009 16:19

Just been checking and they are about £3.05 for one of the brackets and also £3.74 for the other.

Need two of each so looking at about £15 for the lot, not too bad, although priced up air filters at the same time and eyes nearly watered :S

antonye 08-Sep-2009 18:19

Have you checked the cost of Pipercross air filters?

For my 748, they're about £18 a pair so not only are they cheaper than the OEM filters, but they perform better and they reusable!

Check the usual replacement filters like Pipercross, K&N, etc.