Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Benjamin Gautrey Superstock 600 (/showthread.php?t=84778)

Bionicle 29-Aug-2011 19:16

Benjamin Gautrey Superstock 600

Please bear a thought for Benjamin,s Family and friends following his death today at Cadwell Park in the Superstock 600 race. R.I.P

.................................................. ......
MSVR Statement: Benjamin Gautrey

On the first lap of the National Superstock 600 race at Cadwell Park circuit, Benjamin Gautrey fell on
the right hand corner at the bottom of the Mountain section. He was unavoidably hit by two riders immediately following him, five riders fell in total. The race was immediately stopped.

Gautrey, 18 from Southport sustained significant and serious chest and head injuries, he was treated immediately trackside by the BSB Medical Team before being transferred to the circuit medical centre where further attempts to resuscitate him were made. All other riders involved in the incident were uninjured.

Tragically he succumbed to his injuries.
Stuart Higgs, British Superbike Series Director said; "I am so desperately sad that Ben died from the injuries he sustained at Cadwell Park. He was a really super young guy on his debut season at National level showing plenty of promise having won the Thundersport GB Moto450 Championship the previous year. It was entirely fitting that Ben Wilson was able to dedicate his Supersport win to Ben .”

The full circumstances of the accident will be investigated by the MCRCB and the Coroners’ office

bradders 29-Aug-2011 19:25

18. What a waste. RIP

Dementor 29-Aug-2011 19:53

Rip :(

Ghost 29-Aug-2011 20:02

Such a waste of a young life. R.I.P my friend. :(

chris.p 29-Aug-2011 22:23

Cathy & I watched it unfold, a very sad loss of life.

All our thoughts are with family, friends & the Gearlink Team.

Chris & Cathy.

Lily 30-Aug-2011 09:53

There was also a very talented young road racer killed at the Manx yesterday - Wayne Hamilton.

A very sad day for bike racing but mostly for the friends and family of these two young lads.

Jasper 30-Aug-2011 20:58

RIP Ben.