Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Shazaam! on Engine Systems (/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Injector problem + Info (/showthread.php?t=41315)

NBs996 24-Jul-2006 17:15

Injector problem + Info

Right then, it's probably electrical so I'm lost... hope someone can help:

Riding along quite happy, then the engine starts to pop and misfire.
Shortly after, the engine is on/off, like surging and dying repeatedly.
Pull over and it dies.
Re-start her and tickover is as smooth as yer bum, but slowly increase the revs (in neutral) until it gets to around 4k then it dies. Release throttle and it catches again at tickover and it ticks nice n smooth.
Leave it 15 mins, fire up, ride off - all fine and dandy again.

Whatsgoingon????!!!!

n :confused:

wato39 24-Jul-2006 17:43

I had a very similar problem a few weeks ago and it turned out to be the pressure sensor . Good luck

NBs996 24-Jul-2006 18:10

Ta guys (no, not u timothy!)

Fuel starvation was my suspicion, but i'm not sure that ties up with the on/off power (it's either 100% on or 100% off, not nufink in between). Blew through the filter, a very technical check that was, and it seemed clear. No splits in the short tubes connected to the pump either. Could it be the relay, or is that only active when the pump is primed?

Pressure sensor - d'you mean the air pressure sensor?

If only it was a mechanical prob, then it'd be a piesh of pish!

GsxrAge 24-Jul-2006 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBs996
Ta guys (no, not u timothy!)

Fuel starvation was my suspicion, but i'm not sure that ties up with the on/off power (it's either 100% on or 100% off, not nufink in between). Blew through the filter, a very technical check that was, and it seemed clear. No splits in the short tubes connected to the pump either. Could it be the relay, or is that only active when the pump is primed?

Pressure sensor - d'you mean the air pressure sensor?

If only it was a mechanical prob, then it'd be a piesh of pish!

Check your fuel tank breather !!

skidlids 25-Jul-2006 00:00

came across a similar problem once, turned out to be the cranksensor, the hotter the engine oil got the worse it was, and the hihger you reved it the weaker the signal to the ECU

wato39 25-Jul-2006 07:26

Yes mate it was the air pressure sensor that could only be diagnosed by plugging it into a pc .

Nattyboy 25-Jul-2006 07:59

Nick - a long shot but check the loom plug going into the ECU is secure - my 748 displayed similar symptoms at Mallory last month and the plug into the loom had worked its way loose !

Nat

NBs996 25-Jul-2006 09:55

Age, fuel breather seems fine.
Nat, there's no such thing as a bad idea - and so far wiggling a plug is the cheapest :)
Skids, stop saying expensive things! But you might be right - it's only happened when the motor gets hot chugging around slowly, tis ok once I get on the open roads and the temp drops a bit.
Think I'll have to hook it up to a diagnostic thingy and throw my credit card at it tho.

psychlist 25-Jul-2006 17:07

How old was the petrol in your tank :frog:

Shazaam! 25-Jul-2006 18:58

Perhaps dirt in an injector nozzle. Poor atomization and restricted flow at higher rpm flow demands.