Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Red Wheel Rim Tape (/showthread.php?t=83854)

Dougie748 01-Feb-2011 11:11

Red Wheel Rim Tape

Was going to fit the red wheel rim tape to my 1098. Bought some off ebay but it looks more like orange than the red I paid for.
Does anyone know whare I could buy the Ducati red rim tape?
Thanks in advance.

dunlop0_1 01-Feb-2011 16:37

I went to a local signs/graphics place and they cut 4 quadrants (16 in all) if that makes sense, sized to the diameter of the wheel. This made it very easy to fit them already being curved as opposed to trying to bend a straight line round the rim. There red which is pretty generic in signs/graphics is an almost perfect match for ducati red.

Dougie748 02-Feb-2011 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
I went to a local signs/graphics place and they cut 4 quadrants (16 in all) if that makes sense, sized to the diameter of the wheel. This made it very easy to fit them already being curved as opposed to trying to bend a straight line round the rim. There red which is pretty generic in signs/graphics is an almost perfect match for ducati red.

Hi mate got a sample from my local sign/graphic place and it still looks orange.
Thanks for your reply but still looking for Ducati Red wheel trim tape if anyone knows where to purchase it.

antonye 02-Feb-2011 13:04

Halfords pinstripe tape?

I used it as number board outline on the race bike and it was about £1.99 for something like 10 metres! Comes in various widths too.

Dougie748 02-Feb-2011 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
Halfords pinstripe tape?

I used it as number board outline on the race bike and it was about £1.99 for something like 10 metres! Comes in various widths too.

Thanks Antonye, ill take my seat cowl into halfords to see the colour match.

Dougie748 02-Feb-2011 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougie748
Thanks Antonye, ill take my seat cowl into halfords to see the colour match.

Well Antonye you were spot on the colour is the closest to Ducati Red as I have seen. Bought them this afternoon and fitted them in no time. Here is the link to Halfords for the wheel rim tape.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165708

antonye 02-Feb-2011 17:48

Quote:

Well Antonye you were spot on the colour is the closest to Ducati Red as I have seen. Bought them this afternoon and fitted them in no time. Here is the link to Halfords for the wheel rim tape.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_39 4085_langId_-1_categoryId_165708

Ah nice one, glad you got sorted!

I was actually thinking of using the proper pinstripe rather than a dedicated wheel kit, but never mind, all's well that ends well ;)

Glad to be of service :D

Dougie748 10-Feb-2011 13:24

What you think? Rim tape fitted.

antonye 10-Feb-2011 16:08

Quote:

What you think? Rim tape fitted.

They look exactly like my Hyper wheels with red stripe as standard!

Very nice!

tcat 11-Feb-2011 21:44

Quote:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165708

Hi Dougie, did you have a any problems in curving the tape around the mags? Or was it relatively easy to apply?