Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   MPL Slave Cylinder Fitment (to 1098S) (/showthread.php?t=78817)

antonye 15-Mar-2009 21:17

MPL Slave Cylinder Fitment (to 1098S)

Anyone fitted one? I had a bash today but it wouldn't engage properly. I tried fitting the spacer they supply but that just locked the clutch completely.

What am I doing wrong? Not bleeding it well enough or am I missing a trick?

It's an 07 1098S if that makes any difference...

iang 16-Mar-2009 08:40

I fitted mine to my 07 1098S without any problems , the spacer is definately not used. All I can think of is that you may have some air in the line. Try bleeding it at the master cylinder as well as the slave cylinder as this seems to give the lever a better feel. Worth a go anyway.

antonye 16-Mar-2009 09:19

Thanks Ian. We were short on time so swapped it back out for the original but will have another bash at it now we know it should fit as-is.

Bionicle 16-Mar-2009 12:13

No Problems here fitting one on my Bayliss, i think iang might have the nail on the head.

antonye 16-Mar-2009 12:25

Thanks Paul. We didn't have the instructions to hand and there's a note (in German) about the 1098 on their site that doesn't make sense when run through Babelfish! The span adjuster on the lever was just spinning - we had to pull the plastic cap off and use pliers to adjust - and was set to fully in (close to bar) which may have not helped either.

Unfortunately we just ran out of time to play with it but at least now we know what to look at next time to get it sorted.

antonye 23-Mar-2009 09:53

Just an update on this:

We managed to get it fitted, all bled through and working perfectly this weekend. We used the smaller of the two o-rings to start with and also set the lever to the furthest span point to give a full stroke when bleeding the system. We bled at both the slave cylinder and the master cylinder just to be sure.

It all bled through fine and was working without problem, so we then reset the span adjuster on the lever to suit and off we went for a hoon.

Thanks for all your pointers. :D

Bionicle 23-Mar-2009 11:55

Pleased you got it sorted m8