Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   New Recruit (/showthread.php?t=79837)

Kapai 23-Jun-2009 14:29

New Recruit

Just joined and not long moved up to Suffolk from Hamphire, so just getting to know the area.

Based in Woodbridge, which is just a few miles NE of Ipswich, so if anybody wants a SP4 tagging along please let me know

cheers
Warren

antonye 23-Jun-2009 15:16

So, working at Martlesham then? :D

I used to live in Woodbridge when I worked there, used to bike round the back road and up that fuggin' hill every day! Got chased by a bull up the road once as well!

Kapai 24-Jun-2009 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
So, working at Martlesham then? :D

I used to live in Woodbridge when I worked there, used to bike round the back road and up that fuggin' hill every day! Got chased by a bull up the road once as well!

No, working over towards Diss, so I travel on the 1077 / 1079 which is not bad on the bike (bike lives at work Mon-Fri), although going through Otley I could do with a few more inches of travel, it's a real wrist breaker.

Haven't had the excitement of being chased by livestock either, I'm not sure I need the experience

YMFB 24-Jun-2009 19:42

welcome and greetings I will have a nice squash with ice as Im on the wagon whilst on these antibiotics.

antonye 24-Jun-2009 20:36

Crikey! Ipswich to Diss is a bit of a commute!
The A140 can be a right pain in the car so it sounds like a wise move to go on the 1077.
If you're up for a rideout one day, there's a load of us just down the road in Essex and you're more than welcome to tag along. There's some great roads just west of you and we do a run up the the cafe at Haverhill, just opposite the prison. Usually loads of bikes up there on a sunday.

Kapai 25-Jun-2009 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
Crikey! Ipswich to Diss is a bit of a commute!
The A140 can be a right pain in the car so it sounds like a wise move to go on the 1077.
If you're up for a rideout one day, there's a load of us just down the road in Essex and you're more than welcome to tag along. There's some great roads just west of you and we do a run up the the cafe at Haverhill, just opposite the prison. Usually loads of bikes up there on a sunday.

Had a couple of nice runs down to Finchingfield, but would certainly be up for tagging along as still getting to know the area.

Where abouts is the prison? so I can get my bearings

I'm away this weekend, but next weekend could be an option.

I'll make contact next week

Cheers
Warren

Col996s 25-Jun-2009 10:35

Hi, Welcome.

As Antonye says you're welcome to tag along.
Could be up for a ride out the weekend after this if the weather is good.
The prison is Highpoint prison....

"HMP Highpoint is located on the A143 at Stradishall, which is approximately 7 miles from Haverhill when heading to Bury St. Edmunds. It is within 20 miles of the A14 to the north and the M11 to the west.

Car: From London, Take junction 27 off M25 to M11, Take junction 9 off M11 to A11, Take A11 to A1307 for Haverhill, At Haverhill take A143 towards Bury St Edmunds, Highpoint is approximately 6 miles along this road.
From the Midlands, A14 to Bury St Edmunds, At Bury St Edmunds take A143 to Haverhill, Highpoint is located 12 miles along A143."

antonye 25-Jun-2009 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapai
Where abouts is the prison? so I can get my bearings

Cafe is right here:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...z=16&i wloc=A

Kapai 25-Jun-2009 12:38

Cheers...looks good, as I said earlier I'll make contact next week. I also know a guy who has 999 and could be up for it as well. Until next week then......

Col996s 02-Jul-2009 14:10

Hi Kapai

Are you still up for meet this weekend?