Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   I'm such a dipstick sometimes (/showthread.php?t=22134)

zhed44 22-Sep-2005 23:34

I\'m such a dipstick sometimes

tonight when i got back home i discovered that the cover on the ducati had been moved and the alarm "tell tale" reported the the shock sensor had been activated.

obviously, given the theft of the previous 748 i'm ultra, ultra paranoid, so i checked the CCTV footage of the back yard. and what do i see on the tape but some shaven headed bloke circling the bike, examining the chains, lifting up the cover etc before walking off up the passageway. so immediately i get on the blower to the direct line of the police officer who was assigned to smooth things over with me following the waves i made when the police didn't investigate the aforementioned theft of my previous 748.

however, as the phone was ringing and ringing it dawned on me. that bloke.....he..... looks like...... hold on..... it is. it's me. thankfully the policeman didn't answer his phone, otherwise i might just have been the only person in the history of crime to report himself for the attempted theft of his own property. :puzzled:

the cause of the tampering? the wind. :lol:

rockhopper 22-Sep-2005 23:36

Muppet!

I once walked half way back from our village before i remembered i'd come in the car.

zhed44 22-Sep-2005 23:44

yep. done similar things myself a few times.

i once also put the previous day's tape in the machine and unbeknowns to me it started playing some footage of when the yard was empty. thinking it was showing live footage i screamed, "oh expletive deleted! not again!" and ran outside in a panic only to realise my mistake. an easy mistake to make? well, given that it was pitch dark outside and the pictures on the TV showed daylight, probably not.

uncle porry 24-Sep-2005 12:04

i parked my van in town once for a night on the tiles, got completely hammered so got a taxi home, woke up the next day and could not remember which car park i`d left the van in....had to wander round them all with a stinking hangover till i found me van......