Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Supersports: SS / SuperSport / Supersport 950 (/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   900ss airbox mod? (/showthread.php?t=483260)

Mardathuna 25-Mar-2017 23:41

900ss airbox mod?

Hi,
I'm new round here and I would firstly like to say how happy I am that I've discovered and are now a part of this forum.
I would like to think I am here for the long term and I'm looking forward to making the most from what this site has to offer.
So, my question: I'm the proud owner of a 95 900ss and I've recently decided to pep her up a bit. I've already got Predator cans and just replaced the filter for a K&N jobbie - should I go down the road of opening up the airbox?? This would mean cutting the top off it to allow direct flow into the filter.
Wether I do this or not I will be Dyno-jetting her regardless - unless anyone has other suggestions.
I would love to hear what others have to say on this topic - it's essential a mild tune-up for the Ol V Twin, an art I am unfamiliar with. I'm not put off by induction noise - I actually quite like it!!
Thanks in advance.

antonye 28-Mar-2017 11:55

This is a common mod that a lot of people have done over the years, including me on my 600/620 race bike!

Ducati sold a "Ducati Performance" airbox lid that was basically a cut-down version of the original lid. When I did mine, I just cut the lid down myself, making sure that there was a lip left at the front as per the DP version. You've already got the K&N filter so open up the lid before you get it on the jets changed so everything matches.

Mardathuna 01-Apr-2017 12:05

airbox mod

Many thanks,

good advice is always welcome.

Just getting her ready for the MOT - I shall sort this airbox mod when its time to Dyno.

:devil: