Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Spark Plug? (/showthread.php?t=81287)

Road Runner 19-Dec-2009 15:54

Spark Plug?

Multistrarda would not start today, she has not been started for a month or so. I thought I would clean the plugs so removed them the first one came out easy the second one came out ok but cracked and broke in half, as I don't have a manual I am not sure of the correct plugs to fit, the broken plug was a Champion RA6HC is that the best one? I couldn't find one at Halfords.

Mark

AK 19-Dec-2009 19:18

mark go to unity's in byfleet they are open tomorrow morning from 10 till about 2.
get yourself some iridium ngk plugs as they usually have them on the shelf mate as thats what i run in all ours. they have the ngk book with the listing to check which ones you need off the top of my head i cant remember the equivalent to champion right now.

ENGAKATS 19-Dec-2009 21:25

For a standard 2V engine: DCR8EIX.

If you've modified it or ride it hard, you better go a size colder once spring-summer is back, as I was told by John Hackett (for UK riding): DCR9EIX. On mine I use this one but I have high compression pistons among other things...