Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Hypermotard 796 (/showthread.php?t=80904)

chris.p 16-Oct-2009 19:17

Hypermotard 796

Looks a cracking bike, might even give one a test ride:)

http://www.ducati.com/news/09/news018/news018.jhtml

and MCN

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne.../?R=EPI-119319

Chris:burn:

KeefyB 16-Oct-2009 23:13

Hmm,....mebbe.
Some of the parts look a bit bargain bucket and its got the same 'orrible switchgear as the Streetfighter.The "smooth motor" and slipper clutch smack of being 'nice'.
Nah,...I prefer the hairy chested version.These bikes are meant to be a bit bonkers,...are'nt they?

chris.p 16-Oct-2009 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeefyB
Hmm,....mebbe.
Some of the parts look a bit bargain bucket and its got the same 'orrible switchgear as the Streetfighter.The "smooth motor" and slipper clutch smack of being 'nice'.
Nah,...I prefer the hairy chested version.These bikes are meant to be a bit bonkers,...are'nt they?

Well if nothing else, unlike the 1100 I will not need a step ladder to get on it:D

antonye 17-Oct-2009 00:13

It's definitely an entry level model, but I like my bonkers toy; it makes me do evil things!

KeefyB 06-Mar-2010 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
Well if nothing else, unlike the 1100 I will not need a step ladder to get on it:D

Ha! I had a sit on a 796 for the first time yesterday,(I dont get out much!).....the bloody thing is taller than my 1100S!
Mind you,I do have the DP comfort seat on mine.:D
As I said in the earlier post,its a bit bargain bucket compared with the 1100's.
I'll keep what I've got for the time being.:rolleyes:

KeefyB 06-Mar-2010 17:27

1 Attachment(s)
Now here's a proper motorbike.
I get more laughs and grins riding this wee beastie than any modern bike.Its(very) loud,lairy and only 250cc so you can ride it flat out everywhere.
Its a 1970 BSA Starfire that I rebuilt over the winter.I can get bits for a 40 yr old Beeza easier than a modern Duke.Just spent the afternoon making a nuisance of myself on it before disapearing off to the pub.:D :lol: