Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   rennsports or diablos (/showthread.php?t=12094)

955matt 29-Nov-2004 20:02

rennsports or diablos

Hi, tyre time again,just after some advice on tyre choice.Was going to change from a 190-180 on the rear and go for either the rennsports or diablos.Bike is only used in the dry,and only covers about 2k a year so tyre mileage not an issue.Just wanted to know what everybody else thought about these tyre and which was best. :puzzled:Have a pair of mich pilot sports on at the moment:barfy: and they are dreadfull:o

Thanks for your replys Matt:sing:

Harv748 29-Nov-2004 20:20

Well, I read somewhere recently whilst looking about for tyres for myself, that Rennsports are the same as the Pirelli SC's...same structure, compounds etc...just a different tread patterm, as Pirelli bought metzler sometime ago, and let them continue manufacturing under the rennsport name..dunno how true that is...but worth bearing in mind.

I would suggest having used only the diablos, that if you only ride in the dry, the diablo corsa in a 180 section (providing you have a 5.5 inch rear, not a 6 inch) would be the best option. Stickier than 99% of riders capabilites and good for 2500 miles.

TP 29-Nov-2004 20:27

As far as I'm aware the Rennsports are the same as SuperCorsa's (as Harv748 said - Harv, should you be Harv916 now?)

The only thing that would split me buying either of these is the price I think. Anything else would have to be purely mental.

It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though .... or the last I'm sure!

Nigel C 29-Nov-2004 20:33

Rennsports now being superceded by Racetecs even though the metzeler web site has no mention of Racetecs only Rennsports

Redruth 29-Nov-2004 20:35

I don't know anything about the other tyres but I changed from Pirelli Dragons (190 on the back) which were a source of amusement to several club members to Dunlop 270s Race Replicas which Dave Cook recommended and they're fantastic. Brilliant on the track and the road, as far as I can tell. The 180 on the back makes a huge difference to how the bike turns. It's so much easier I can't believe I put up with the 190 for so long....

So I'm probably no help at all, sorry. :lol::lol:

955matt 29-Nov-2004 20:37

Theres a guy on e-bay selling new tyres for about £160 a pair(rennsports and pirelli's)Have a 5.5 rear wheel but have been looking for a pair of five spokes alloy or mag in gold:smug:

Matt

TP 29-Nov-2004 20:40

Quote:

Originally posted by 955matt
Theres a guy on e-bay selling new tyres for about £160 a pair(rennsports and pirelli's)Have a 5.5 rear wheel but have been looking for a pair of five spokes alloy or mag in gold:smug:

Matt

Ooh ooh oooh!! Good post that man!!

Now .. off to e-bay ...

I need some spare wheels as well .. but slowly slowly ...

timetrial 06-Dec-2004 21:47

picked up a pair of Rennsports from Mike at Robsom Racing over the weekend for £170 the pair. He may well have some left...

01789 450822
:bouncy:

955matt 07-Dec-2004 19:37

Thanks Timetrial :burn:

Just need a set of five spokes now:sing:

keefer 07-Dec-2004 19:44

/\ /\ /\ /\
the wheels you see in my avatar should be for sale in about a week if you are interested ?