Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Rideouts, Meets and other Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   London Excel bike show (/showthread.php?t=432956)

The Hammer 09-Feb-2016 12:16

London Excel bike show

Anyone going this year? I'm heading there on the 14th with some chums, not been for a couple of years so about time I had a look.

antonye 09-Feb-2016 14:59

I'm heading over on the Friday which is the 12th if anyone is going then!

Col996s 12-Feb-2016 12:34

I'll be there later, around 1pm.

The Hammer 21-Feb-2016 02:18

What did we think? I thought it was quite **** actually, and certainly not worth the 17 quid entry on top of the 15 quid parking to see the same old stuff and ever shrinking displays and stands. Other than that it was great!

antonye 21-Feb-2016 22:17

I paid £21 on the day and felt thoroughly ripped off :mad:

I only went to meet up with UKMOC Rob, and a few others - saw Colin, Johnathon and Peter from Essex along with bumping into a load of industry people - but otherwise I wouldn't have gone. Fortunately work is only down the road so it wasn't out of my way. I left work at 12pm and was back at my desk by 4pm and we walked round 3 times...

Having been to Milan back in November, I don't think I'll ever go to another UK show. Milan is massive - beyond comprehension massive. There are two large halls and one smaller at Milan; the large halls are both about the size of Excel itself! You cannot do it in a single day and see everything. It cost us £50 to get there on a return flight from Stansted and we got cheap tickets through the Milan Ducati Club, which were €14 or ~£10.50 and we got loads of "real" freebies to bring home, not just a carrier bag with a flyer in it. It really was worth the additional cost to get there.

I think we need to arrange a trip to Milan this year... ;)

skidlids 21-Feb-2016 22:46

As I have said before I'll not be going back to the excel show after 2014s waste of a day and entry fee, I thought I had mentioned as much in a recent post but that seems to be eluding me