Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   fuel pump relay (/showthread.php?t=79790)

Glyn 18-Jun-2009 21:48

fuel pump relay

the fuel pump relay has gone on the 749 again:mad: no probs i'll pick one up at baines tommorow............bugger baines is in silverstone and it's grand prix w/e. more trouble than it's worth me thinks
so what i need to know is, can i pick up an alternative from my local car parts place?? it's that or a ride to JHP in cov and i dont fancy that

chris.p 18-Jun-2009 22:13

JHP will post for next day delivery:)

Chris:burn:

mjbayley 18-Jun-2009 22:23

Try a FRAUD Dealer ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glyn
the fuel pump relay has gone on the 749 again:mad: no probs i'll pick one up at baines tommorow............bugger baines is in silverstone and it's grand prix w/e. more trouble than it's worth me thinks
so what i need to know is, can i pick up an alternative from my local car parts place?? it's that or a ride to JHP in cov and i dont fancy that

Ford Focus (C max I think?) heated rear screen relay, (it's also used on some transits) is the same.
(is it's the same as an SS or Monnie one )
Have a look at a 'Fraud' dealer ?

skidlids 18-Jun-2009 23:53

If its the little black one marked 12V 20A I could bring one along to Mallory if you were coming along to the DD racing

or

Ducati Aylesbury may have one

KeefyB 19-Jun-2009 00:13

Pretty sure BMW's and Guzzi's use the same relay.(Siemens/Tyco V23073 or Bosch 0 332 207 307)
You could try Wollaston Motors on Bedford Road Northampton.(BMW dealer)
I have also heard that they are used on Fiat Punto's.

I will be going to Italia Moto in the morning,if thats any help.

Glyn 19-Jun-2009 01:12

thanks everyone
kieth i will try the bmw place if its a no go i'll give you a bell.
what time you going italia?

KeefyB 19-Jun-2009 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glyn
what time you going italia?

I'll be leaving my house around 8a.m........even with the usual morning traffic,I should be there just after 9.

Glyn 19-Jun-2009 07:55

kieth if you would be so kind as to pick us one up, and i'll get over in the afternoon to pickit up if that is ok with you.:)

Glyn 21-Jun-2009 16:12

cheers KB it was really good to catch up and have a good chin wag. all is still not well with the bike though
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=79813