Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   749r (/showthread.php?t=79560)

KeefyB 28-May-2009 09:35

749r

Picked up the latest issue of Bike magazine yesterday.Inside is an article on the 749R.Not had chance to fully read it yet,but it looks pretty favourable.:)
(magazine is the July '09 issue)

Magpie 12-Jun-2009 13:57

top tip

good, if pretty short, read.

power curves look interesting, though nowt like the graph I got a few weeks ago.

pi55ing thing failed it's MOT yesterday, "for race use only" it says under the can. great. anyone know of a blind MOT tester near bedford?

magpie.

MJS 12-Jun-2009 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie

pi55ing thing failed it's MOT yesterday, "for race use only" it says under the can. great. anyone know of a blind MOT tester near bedford?

magpie.

I know one in Hemel Hempstead if that's any use to you..

KeefyB 12-Jun-2009 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban996
I know one in Hemel Hempstead if that's any use to you..

Likewise,one in Peterburglar.

My 999 sailed through its MOT after I attacked the lettering on the can with a Dremel.After grinding out the letters,I polished it all up and nobody is any the wiser.;)

gordonparker 12-Jun-2009 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie
top tip

good, if pretty short, read.

power curves look interesting, though nowt like the graph I got a few weeks ago.

magpie.

Churchill Motors on the A5 in Pottersbury just north of the Stoney Stratford / Northampton r/about, passed mine for the past 2 years
01908 542655, cheapes round here on tyres also ( son next door) Termi race can on my 999
L

Magpie 12-Jun-2009 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeefyB

My 999 sailed through its MOT after I attacked the lettering on the can with a Dremel.After grinding out the letters,I polished it all up and nobody is any the wiser.;)

D'oh. why didn't I think of that? 30 minutes later it's done. Polished up it looks ferkin ace.

I'll try for a retest tomorrow.

Magpie.

Jools 12-Jun-2009 23:37

PM me

bradders 13-Jun-2009 00:00

the fast bikes article pitching the 848 against 3 other bikes for their cornering ability is a great 4 page read

Magpie 13-Jun-2009 13:14

bingo, green ticket, it passed.

now, anyone out tomorrow for a little bimble?

i've not completed any miles since dyno/fuelling has been sorted, i'm itching.

magpie.

Jools 13-Jun-2009 23:48

Tomorrow? Bike------->Trailer ------>Cadwell.

It's a three bike trailer and I'll be coming past Bedord about 4 o' clock, so if you want a lift....go on...you know you want to...her indoors won't mind if you nip out for a quick blat on Sunday afternoon and come back on Tuesday :lol: