Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Lighting and Indicators (/showthread.php?t=25548)

851neil 03-Jan-2006 18:25

Lighting and Indicators

Does anybody know just what has to be retained on the bike ??
I'd like to junk the headlight and indicators (F and R), retaining the tail light/brake light, but I'm not sure if that's totally legal...
I've been told that I can junk the headlight but I need to keep the indicators, this would give me a daytime use only MOT, however this info is from a mate if mine who is heavily into Kit Cars and I'm not quite sure if the same regs apply with bikes...
regards

Neil

Carbon749 03-Jan-2006 18:32

Do a quick search on day time MOT listings. One on here only a week ago.

Some very good points from a few police officers and a few guys in the trade.

Seem's like a real grey area and all comes down to iterpretation of the law.

For me my bike is less than 3 years so no MOT issues yet. But, I have run it it for a few summers without indicators or mirrors. Just a headlight and stop / tail light. I've done the odd track day and have road to and from the circuit with no headlight, indicators or mirrors.

I have been stopped a few times for the odd speeding or noisy can chat and as yet it has never been mantioned about the lack of indicators, mirrors or number plate light.

Your best bet will be to go to your MOT garage and ask what the tester will alllow to pass. At the end of the day he's the one that will or will not write out the MOT.