Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DSC & Ducati Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Ducati Factory Trip - March 2012 (/showthread.php?t=85563)

antonye 06-Feb-2012 14:10

Ducati Factory Trip - March 2012

It's that time of year again when we look to run a trip to the Ducati factory in Bologna, Italy.

We have been running these trips for the last seven years, and it's a must for those who want to go and see the birthplace of their Ducati. Even if you've been before, you will always get to see something new either in the factory itself or in the museum.

Details

The plan is to fly out early in the morning from Stansted in Essex direct to Bologna, Italy. As in previous years we will start with lunch in the staff canteen, followed by a quick coffee (or beer!) in the staff café before moving on to do the factory tour. After seeing the bikes being built we then move on to the museum to take a guided tour through the history of Ducati. Your trip will finish with a visit to the Ducati shop opposite the factory, where you will find plenty of bargains! We round off the evening with a meal at a local ristorante before flying back in the evening.

Costs

As we are an Official Ducati Desmo Owners Club (DDOC), there is no cost for Ducati Sporting Club members to visit the factory, saving you the €15 entry fee. You will need to pay for all other costs - transport, lunch in the canteen (approx €5), evening meal and drinks - but as a guide, we got last year's flights at £22 return!

What happens next - Booking Instructions

Once we have confirmed the date with the factory, we will let you know which flight to book (from Stansted) and reserve you a place on the tour. Please note that you MUST be a full Ducati Sporting Club member or associate member (ie, you get the roundel next to your board name - for more details on how to join see this page) to qualify for this trip. As places will be limited, we are not able to accomodate your mates/friends/colleagues/etc on this trip. Ducati have a very strict entry policy and you WILL get turned away at the gate if you are not registered as a member of the DSC with Ducati!

For those who want to spend longer in Italy or would prefer to fly from a different airport, you are more than welcome to get a different flight and either meet us at the airport or at the factory in time for the tour.

MJS 06-Feb-2012 18:20

Too busy at work between now and April - won't be able to make it :(

Have fun guys

Martin

900MAN 06-Feb-2012 18:38

I might be missing something but there do not seem to be any night flights back from Bologna anymore

900MAN 07-Feb-2012 09:41

Nope, no night flights

antonye 07-Feb-2012 10:48

It depends on where you fly from, which airline and which date!

900MAN 07-Feb-2012 11:41

Love to be wrong however...
http://www.bologna-airport.it/system...io_voli_en.pdf

antonye 07-Feb-2012 11:45

London (Gatwick) British Airways BA 2563 19:20 20:30 -234--- 27/03/2012 - 31/05/2012

What's wrong with that one? I know it's not Stansted but it's a flight!!

900MAN 07-Feb-2012 12:21

Nothing, but you wanted to go from stanstead ;o)

antonye 07-Feb-2012 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by 900MAN
Nothing, but you wanted to go from stanstead ;o)

I know, but beggars can't be choosers, etc!

I'm trying to find out when Ryanair and Easyjet switch their timetables, if at all, as we may be able to postpone for a month and go to/from Stansted.

MJS 07-Feb-2012 14:12

If it's April I might be able to make it... if I'm not in the loony bin by then having a nervous breakdown :eek: :eek: