Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Hi All Pick Up My 1st Ducati This Saturday! (/showthread.php?t=79353)

DannyBicknell 07-May-2009 23:04

Hi All Pick Up My 1st Ducati This Saturday!

Hi All, I am Danny and I am finally getting my dream Ducati, I have been riding for the past 4 years and have been commuting everyday clocking up about 16,000 a year on various Suzuki's, from an SV650 to a GSXR 600. I have always wanted a Ducati since I was given a pillon ride almost twenty five years ago on one of my farthers friends bikes, the sound I will never forget.
I have now brought a car to commute and so I can have my Sunday-Niceday! Toy!
I have brought a 749 and pick it up this Saturday, I look forward to meeting you at the meets and ride-out's etc. I am from Cambridgeshire, anyone one else local to me?

Danny

bradders 07-May-2009 23:08

welcome and enjoy!!

Sharpy G 07-May-2009 23:08

hi
and welcome to the nut house ! LOL
nice choice of bike too ;)
you'll be selling that car soon enough to buy bling for your bike

mines a RedBull & Vodka

chris.p 07-May-2009 23:16

Welcome, and do not forget to book for the trackday next month.

Chris:burn:

YMFB 07-May-2009 23:42

greetings mines a Pimms please as Im sure its going to get warm and dry soon.

Jools 08-May-2009 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBicknell
I have brought a 749 and pick it up this Saturday, I look forward to meeting you at the meets and ride-out's etc. I am from Cambridgeshire, anyone one else local to me?

Danny

Anyone near you? Yep, quite a few of us. Not quite as lively this year due to quite a few of us being crook, but watch out on here for BHCN (Beds, Herts, Cambs and Northants) rides

swannymere 08-May-2009 01:31

Welcome, Mine's a Gin & Tonic with a slice of lime in a tall glass with crushed ice, oh and a Guinness :)

DannyBicknell 08-May-2009 06:46

Thanks for the warm welcome, look forward to those ride-outs, can't make the trackday as it is on my daughter's birthday, I am going to the Moto gp at Donington though, if they pay their rent!!

Danny

KeefyB 08-May-2009 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBicknell
I am from Cambridgeshire, anyone one else local to me?

Welcome to the DSC.
Looking at your location,I would say that Monty is very local to you.(next village?)
Keep yer eye out for BHCN meets/rideouts,our RO Pete Ford has gone into semi retirement,but the branch will continue.We often meet at Grafham Water cafe,.....not a million miles away.;)
Good luck with the 749,...great bikes,...just watch out for the rozzers on the B645/660.:( :mad: :mad:

Monty 08-May-2009 10:36

Hi Danny, and welcome, as Keith points out I am just over the river from you-Little Paxton, and for my sins I actually RUN the trackday. Not riding this year since I have just had surgery on my wrist and hand. If you have seen an old yellow Ducati scrambler rumbling through Great Paxton-that would have been me-been riding that one a lot up until surgery and leaving my bigger Dukes in the garage. Great bikes 749's-you'll love it-but be careful all Ducati's have the habit of feeling 20mph slower than you are actually travelling.

John