Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Only red for the 1098 and 1098S? (/showthread.php?t=39095)

Twinfan 21-Nov-2006 13:12

Only red for the 1098 and 1098S?

Just been browsing the Ducati website and it looks like red is the only option for the 1098?

Is that right?

dickieducati 21-Nov-2006 13:57

imho most definitely

Herb 21-Nov-2006 13:59

They ran out of yellow paint, not worth getting any more in for the two guys who wanted a yellow one.

TP 21-Nov-2006 14:11

Didn't RD say he'd ordered a black mono S?

Mmmm, blaaaaaack - sweeeeeeeet :D

Twinfan 21-Nov-2006 14:30

Doesn't look like black is an option though?

RD 21-Nov-2006 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
Didn't RD say he'd ordered a black mono S?

Mmmm, blaaaaaack - sweeeeeeeet :D

Tony,

I did request for a "Black Mono 1098S", however Tom at W.M.Snell informed me at the end of last week that apart from the Limited Edition Tricolore (with Termis), the 1098 & 1098S are only available in RED. :(
Rob at W.M.Snell confirmed this yesterday and said that if I still wanted a black 1098S they could have it sprayed black or better still they'd do me a good deal on the DP carbon fibre seat unit and top fairing section. :)

I think its very unfortunate that Ducati has decided the 1098 is only available in RED, IMHO it would look awesome in black and I think would sell very well, perhaps something for Ducati to consider.

Also, I'm informed that the 1098 are not available as either Monoposto or Biposto, but every bike are supplied with a pillion pad / seat, foot rests and foot rest hangers to enable owner preference, Mono one day and Bip another day. In all probability when a bike is purchased the new owner will ask for the parts to be fitted or left off. Its unlikely that the parts will be swapped around often. Its great to have the option and a good selling point for the future as it will appeal to both Mono and Bip fans. Very good idea I think.

Stones 21-Nov-2006 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by RD
Tony,

I did request for a "Black Mono 1098S", however Tom at W.M.Snell informed me at the end of last week that apart from the Limited Edition Tricolore (with Termis), the 1098 & 1098S are only available in RED. :(
Rob at W.M.Snell confirmed this yesterday and said that if I still wanted a black 1098S they could have it sprayed black or better still they'd do me a good deal on the DP carbon fibre seat unit and top fairing section. :)

I think its very unfortunate that Ducati has decided the 1098 is only available in RED, IMHO it would look awesome in black and I think would sell very well, perhaps something for Ducati to consider.

Also, I'm informed that the 1098 are not available as either Monoposto or Biposto, but every bike are supplied with a pillion pad / seat, foot rests and foot rest hangers to enable owner preference, Mono one day and Bip another day. In all probability when a bike is purchased the new owner will ask for the parts to be fitted or left off. Its unlikely that the parts will be swapped around often. Its great to have the option and a good selling point for the future as it will appeal to both Mono and Bip fans. Very good idea I think.

Yes only red....... getting mine sprayed black! Couldnt resist!

phillc 21-Nov-2006 16:39

The press pictures had a black version.......

http://kapitalmoto.co.uk/node/190

TP 21-Nov-2006 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillc
The press pictures had a black version.......

http://kapitalmoto.co.uk/node/190

I'm pretty sure some dude on Ducati.ms photoshopped that?

TP 21-Nov-2006 16:41

Looks HORNY though :D