Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   MCE (/showthread.php?t=85483)

tcat 24-Jan-2012 19:14

MCE

MCE seem to be one of the very few insurers out there that are prepared to insure a modified duke for a reasonable price - especially on a multi bike policy :)

----

... after x4 hours shopping around :(

Fruitbat 25-Jan-2012 08:48

IIRC there were shed loads of people who had shocking problems with them when they actually needed to claim. Might have been a temporary glitch in customer services and I'm not 100% certain it was MCE - and can't check as t'other ducati website is still down. Have you tried Ducati Insurance who had no probs with my slightly tweaked Hyper? EBike also gave a fair quote and both seem to have a good reputation.

Jolley 25-Jan-2012 09:55

I have been using eBike for 4 years (since I passed my test and got my first bike). I had 6 points, less than a year on my licence, and wanted to insure an 848 with about £10k of bling. I got a very fair quote, and when I threw it down the road they replaced like-for-like with no quibbles.

Cobbett 25-Jan-2012 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitbat
IIRC there were shed loads of people who had shocking problems with them when they actually needed to claim. Might have been a temporary glitch in customer services and I'm not 100% certain it was MCE - and can't check as t'other ducati website is still down.

It was.

tcat 25-Jan-2012 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitbat
IIRC there were shed loads of people who had shocking problems with them when they actually needed to claim. Might have been a temporary glitch in customer services and I'm not 100% certain it was MCE - and can't check as t'other ducati website is still down. Have you tried Ducati Insurance who had no probs with my slightly tweaked Hyper? EBike also gave a fair quote and both seem to have a good reputation.

Yup... Had a chat with Ducati Insurance, very helpful indeed. Advice was to bite their arm off & renew with Devitt (previous insurers). Fuming to find out that although I initially disclosed my 748 to 853 JHP mod, it wasn't actually recorded on the policy itself. When asking whether they will cover a modded bike their firm answer was no. but, but, but...., etc. not happy.

Never really appreciated that it was so much hassle insuring a modded bike.

MCE no quibbles £300 for 2 bikes. Not bad. Unmodded 748r £90 (no additional perks)

Already bit the bullet with MCE. :/ hmmmm.

tcat 25-Jan-2012 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
I have been using eBike for 4 years (since I passed my test and got my first bike). I had 6 points, less than a year on my licence, and wanted to insure an 848 with about £10k of bling. I got a very fair quote, and when I threw it down the road they replaced like-for-like with no quibbles.

Tried eBike... No mods allowed :(

bradders 25-Jan-2012 23:00

have you tried calling rather than online? Carol Nash are very good at finding cover others cant

tcat 26-Jan-2012 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
have you tried calling rather than online? Carol Nash are very good at finding cover others cant

... I did the traditional "gocompare" and the "comparethemarket", then called through the top 5 to confirm engine mod. Tried Carol Nash - no mods :(

All sorted now tho with MCE - fingers crossed I won't bin the bike for another year

Jolley 26-Jan-2012 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyford
Tried eBike... No mods allowed :(

Strange! I had mods from day 1 with them, and still have about £5k worth of extras listed on my policy.

tcat 26-Jan-2012 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
Strange! I had mods from day 1 with them, and still have about £5k worth of extras listed on my policy.

From speaking to a few of the insurance companies, some are taking a different stance from what was explained i.e., Devitt has recently stopped offering multi-bike policies for new customers...