Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   ooo5.rsw code means ??? (/showthread.php?t=90596)

rollingwiduze 29-Mar-2012 04:16

ooo5.rsw code means ???

Have searched internet on Ducati engine error codes and their meaning,unable to locate.This is my first bike,a 2009,used 696; battery on" battery tender Plus" charger; bike did start with readout of 0005.rsw then cold weather; now check LCD dash battery indicates 12.1 not start; assume dead battery but have read that it may be alternator/stator!!? Some state that may be loose connections of battery to starter and other electrical connexions;now when start there is a knocking clicking type sound from low left side but not start or fire up !!
Any suggestions of what should check and where may I access the list of engine code errors? Owner's manual and Repair and Maintenance Manual pdf not have codes ! Plan to put in new battery.

Iconic944ss 29-Mar-2012 22:44

Sorry, I searched for sometime this morning and only found comments related to using an optimiser but nothing definitive.

There was only a list of text codes from the dash display (owners manual) but nothing resembling your error message.

I'd keep an eye on your battery voltage and maybe check around your Earth connections?

Good luck - Frank

rollingwiduze 02-Apr-2012 07:28

Thanks for the fish ! ooo5.rsw still undecoded !

Thanks for the reply on 0005.rsw; a sublte correction of info, I said a clicking
sound from the lower left when actually it is lower right; it was end of a very
long day and I stood in front of bike and so thought looking at it that it was
from my left side, not bike's rightside. Clicking sound maybe voltage regulator or alternator not getting juice. As I am very new to wrenching a bike; so my mistake.

Would have responded sooner but cookie issues with my OS and Ducatisporting
club web; hope now resolved as got new password to get back on line.

Still on the hunt for diagnostic engine error codes for 696 and what 0005.rsw
equates to !?

antonye 02-Apr-2012 11:24

If it's clicking then it's likely to be a relay - which means either the relay is duff or your battery voltage is not good enough.