Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   05 999 mods (/showthread.php?t=22015)

DT 20-Sep-2005 00:12

05 999 mods

After going from a 998 with termis & chip to a stock 999 I was disappointed... then depressed. Too quiet, and where's the punch?

My local dealer said that although the parts were in the catalog, they weren't available yet. "...we've got several people waiting"

By this time I was getting fed up with my environmentally friendly Honda Superdream, sorry 999; so I rang up Ducati UK and gave them stick. Hey presto, two days later a call from the dealer, saying they had magically recieved a system for me.

A lot of buggering about with springs later I was in love again.

As well as the fantastic 102dB noise, it has transformed the bike. It's like there's a pint of Stella in every gallon of fuel, wheelies of the throttle and has fully restored my grin.

I reckon the standard pipe really chokes the bike as the tickover shot up to nearly 2,000 rpm with the open pipe.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or am I just imagining it to justify waking up all those motorists.

Oh, and after reading every slipper clutch post going, I'm still confused. Which one should I be looking for?

I'm about to start doing some trackdays, I'd like an open cover so I can see stuff spinning around, and it needs to not make that dying goat noise away from the lights that the standard one does.

Thanks

galaxy 20-Sep-2005 00:27

No inputs from me yet...Still waiting here in the US. My 54mm full (102db) system is on order/on the way. Heard a rumor of a couple more weeks, then maybe some good news. Stay tuned as I'm sure I'll want to share my new found joy.

DT 20-Sep-2005 00:34

Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and frightens chav's. (do you have them in them in california?)

galaxy 20-Sep-2005 00:49

Don't know...what are they?

DT 20-Sep-2005 00:57

Hmm, wish I hadn't asked.

If you search google (uk) you'll find out quick enough. It's a slang term for the (usually) idle youths found loitering in British town centres.

When I were a lad we was just 'ooligans, plain and simple.

KeefyB 20-Sep-2005 08:14

Quote:

Originally posted by DT
As well as the fantastic 102dB noise, it has transformed the bike. It's like there's a pint of Stella in every gallon of fuel, wheelies of the throttle and has fully restored my grin.

I reckon the standard pipe really chokes the bike as the tickover shot up to nearly 2,000 rpm with the open pipe.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or am I just imagining it to justify waking up all those motorists.

Ooooh yes!!!:D:D:D

Gizmo750 20-Sep-2005 10:24

Another oooh yes from me too. Like you I went from 996 with Termi's to the stock (brand new) 999. It is far too quiet.

Nice new pipes now and the proper roar is back although I too get the "goat" noise away from the lights sometimes (my wife though it was my fault saying I must be doing something wrong!). The bike is totally different with a new exhaust system and I'm loving it.

Now get a single seat unit on and go have some fun :devil:

Brogins 20-Sep-2005 21:56

Guys, seriously..how COP UN-friendly is a Termi system on the 999 in UK??
I mean.. Are they going to nick you everytime you pass by a police car?
I am still Std.. and not that I need more power but I agree that the sound isn't nice like some 996/998 dukes when we are blasting around...
Well, a couple of HP more will be nice for some - more - wheelies..

[Edited on 20-9-2005 by Brogins]

guest1 20-Sep-2005 23:49

Had a standard on the first 999 and even then small children would cover their ears as I rode past (or was it their eyes cos they didn't understand the new look?)

Since having the new bike with termi fitted it's been a hoot.

Set the wife's car alarm off every time I pull up at home and give the throttle a blip.
The throttle response seems far far better than on the standard and to be honest it just feels more like an original duke now.

DT 21-Sep-2005 00:19

Quote:

Originally posted by Brogins
Guys, seriously..how COP UN-friendly is a Termi system on the 999 in UK??
I mean.. Are they going to nick you everytime you pass by a police car?
I am still Std.. and not that I need more power but I agree that the sound isn't nice like some 996/998 dukes when we are blasting around...
Well, a couple of HP more will be nice for some - more - wheelies..

[Edited on 20-9-2005 by Brogins]

I'm in Somerset, where, I'm told, there is one police area car per 100 square miles. Which goes some way to make up for the cow sh*t all over the road.

I suppose the Nazi's in Brussels will eventually have their day on noisy pipes, but until it's a hanging offence I'll take my chances.