Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Cadwell info please (/showthread.php?t=79711)

pbrown 10-Jun-2009 21:16

Cadwell info please

Can you sleep in the van at Cadwell the night before the trackday & are there any facilities. Any idea what the latest time I can get to the circuit on a night & get in?

Anyone sleeping over on the Saturday night for the NL trackday on sunday?

antonye 10-Jun-2009 21:20

Yes - camping tickets are £5 a night at the gate. If you arrive late they'll assume that you're camping and charge you for it. Once you're in though you'll be fine.

Facilities are ok - there's a couple of toilet blocks and a shower block (open showers) there as well.

The on-site cafe/bar is ok but it's normally not open in the evenings.

pbrown 10-Jun-2009 21:59

Thanks Antony.

£5 sounds OK & is certainly cheaper than a B&B.
I'll probably bring a snack for the night then & wait for breakfast to use the Cafe

antonye 10-Jun-2009 22:08

There will be loads of people in the paddock so there will be plenty of things going on. Just wander about, say hello and introduce yourself!

You could always take a disposable bbq for the evenings - great fun!

pbrown 10-Jun-2009 23:55

I'm doing the trackday on the Sunday rather than the DSC TD on the Mon/Tues so wasn't sure how many people would be about for that.
It's easier/safer to get wifey to do the cooking than let me loose with a BBQ without a responsible adult around.

skidlids 11-Jun-2009 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
There will be loads of people in the paddock so there will be plenty of things going on. Just wander about, say hello and introduce yourself!

You could always take a disposable bbq for the evenings - great fun!

Spot on Ant, we'll be there as usual Sunday night, by that I mean Dallas, Senna3, Mutlet748 and myself, all sleeping in the back of our vans, I will also have 24 cans of beer that I need people to drink so i don't have to take it home. Saying that I don't want people over doing it as they will need to be focused come the morning

Bionicle 11-Jun-2009 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Spot on Ant, we'll be there as usual Sunday night, by that I mean Dallas, Senna3, Mutlet748 and myself, all sleeping in the back of our vans, I will also have 24 cans of beer that I need people to drink so i don't have to take it home. Saying that I don't want people over doing it as they will need to be focused come the morning

Only 24 ? they will not last long Kev, i think you should bring a reserve case as well :)

skidlids 11-Jun-2009 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicle
Only 24 ? they will not last long Kev, i think you should bring a reserve case as well :)

I have my own private supply for myself to help wash down the BBQ food, the 24 are for those that may not be able to pack a few beers on the back of their bikes