Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   749 Workshop Manual wanted (/showthread.php?t=80621)

Wes 14-Sep-2009 17:10

749 Workshop Manual wanted

I know there are various copies with exploded diagrams available on ebay but if someone would be kind enough to email me one I'll use the money I've save to join the club!

Thanks guys,

Wes

wesleyspencer9@gmail.com

skidlids 14-Sep-2009 17:39

Wes
Parts manuals (exploded Diagrams & Part numbers) are available on Ducati.com as are the owner manuals both under the service section
I Have a few workshop manuals in PDF but don't think I have either the 749 or 999 models

KeefyB 14-Sep-2009 18:28

Ive got a manual for the '05 749/749S.Its a huge file and times out when I once tried to send it by e-mail.(even as a zip file)
Mind you,I am a 'pooter numpty.:rolleyes:

Wes 14-Sep-2009 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Wes
Parts manuals (exploded Diagrams & Part numbers) are available on Ducati.com as are the owner manuals both under the service section
I Have a few workshop manuals in PDF but don't think I have either the 749 or 999 models

Ive got an owners manual from there but not a workshop one, I'll investigate!

Wes 14-Sep-2009 19:04

Found it thank you!

final_edition 14-Sep-2009 19:21

many free ones here,

http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp

KeefyB 14-Sep-2009 19:29

The CD version is cheap enough on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-749-Dar...d=p3286.c0.m14

deej 14-Sep-2009 19:33

much to my disgust (and my employers,if they found out) i resorted to buying the cd off ebay, was only £2.49 and truned up inside 48hrs.

will have a look on the ducati site for the owners handbook that was missing with my bike

matty 11-Jan-2010 11:41

I downloaded the workshop manual from a dutch web site.
Printed the document double sided at work (naughty) and created a full colour manual in a ring binder.
I even got a bit carried away and printed front and back covers, laminated with a laminated spine cover too.
I have to say the manual is amazing much better than any haynes manual I have ever had, and looks rather professional too IMHO :) .
If i could justify the costs, i was going to knock a few out on e bay and the likes, but just dont have the time!

antonye 11-Jan-2010 12:46

Tut tut! ;)

The newer manuals (from 1098 onwards) are all "interactive" so they're not like books, more like a computer program which you have to run and click through web pages to view the info.

Not too sure if I like them or not - they're great because the indexes are better (to find what you want quicker), better pictures and you can search through them for keywords. The down side is that you have to take your pc/laptop into the garage with you!