Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   M 695 swollen tank ???? help (/showthread.php?t=296055)

jerryz 08-Apr-2014 08:55

M 695 swollen tank ???? help

was asked to do some service work on a friends M695 2008 in Brighton and noticed the tank clasp was jammed right up to the ignition lock , removed the ignition lock and clasp came free ..its obvious now that the tank has swollen by about 10mm,,and is clearly deformed and bulging ,bike is in otherwise mint condition do you think Ducati UK may replace it under warranty as they do on defective swollen tanks in USA ???even after several years due to legal cases .

its obviously caused by gasohol /water issues

skidlids 08-Apr-2014 19:09

Good question as I only posted a couple of weeks ago that the Tank on my 2006 Monster S2R had distorted

jerryz 09-Apr-2014 14:07

I am going to ask the owner to speak to the dealer she bought it from ,,Ducati Uk certainly are aware of the issue in USA and elsewhere , over 30,000 tanks replaced even after 6 years and many replacements failing according to USA forums but they have 10% ethanol gasohol and UK is only 5% at present thats why its rarer here ,,,,,,,Thank god all my 4 ducatis have steel tanks and it seems that on latest model M1200, and panigales they are going back to sensible steel .

jam23a30 11-May-2014 13:00

Swollen Fuel Tanks

As you note Ducati replaced 100's of fuel tanks in America after a class action law suit. The problem is growing in the UK and will get worse with more ethanol in fuel. Take a look at Multistrada.net as people there have been in contact with MCN and VOSA. Recently there is note of Ducati replacing defective fuel tanks under good will.

The more we are together on this the better chance of having defective products replaced.

antonye 11-May-2014 17:34

Lots of info in this thread:
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=80578