Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   dead bike! (/showthread.php?t=37788)

misterpink 17-Oct-2006 14:41

dead bike!

yesterday turned the key on my 2 week old MTS1000 and big fat nothing - little orange light on for a bit, headlight no starter then immobiliser won't switch off - wiggle wires etc etc wait and a bit of on/off and headscratching - and then! back to normal - except i ride home that evening and all of a sudden it all goes blank - bike keeps going though! Hmmmmm round the block a few times and it's back. so a look around in the evening and all wires look OK. important meeting next day - fingers crossed - so all OK then park the bike and instruments freeze - !!!!!!! etc got to go to the meeting come out later still frozen after much jiggling/button pushing - went away for lunch came back and did the same routine and came back Grrrrrrrrr! it goes back to the dealer tomorrow! just wanted to vent some frustration

phil_h 17-Oct-2006 14:46

Cor !
Sounds like you got a free Gremlin with your deal ;)
I thought they were exclusive to 20th centruy ducatis :rolleyes:

phil_h 17-Oct-2006 14:47

Actually, it sounds like it could be a loose earth from the instrument console.

misterpink 17-Oct-2006 22:45

apparently a well known problem requiring new instruments - still a great bike, though i miss my 748 too.

Stevo 14-Nov-2006 10:28

My Multi is in for new instruments under warranty today.

misterpink 14-Nov-2006 21:15

had mine done last week at daytona - central london - at the same time had the first service done, now to get my termi's fitted : ) hopefully the new instruments will sort the gremlins as the bike is fantastic....fuel gauge is a bit of a laugh though...hope to catch up wth you sometime stevo