Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Lets face it, its the looks of the 1098 thats gonna sell it. (/showthread.php?t=39997)

VanDaMauler 24-Dec-2006 18:43

Lets face it, its the looks of the 1098 thats gonna sell it.

Not the power...

Everyones making me laugh, all going on about the power and how it compares to an R1 or Gixxer 1000.

Forget it, 99.9% of the users of this forum who buys one will get nowhere near the limit of the bikes power or handling.

The 1098 is Beautiful and its this years "Must have", thats why its gonna sell.

Its got nothing to do with the power of it, unless you are gonna be you of the tossa`s playing "Carpark Trumps" at the local bike meet.

"whats yours do mista!!!" "mines got 1000bhp and does 2000mph"

So can we stop talking about power and BHP and just keep it real???

twpd 24-Dec-2006 18:45

Can't say I agree there. Many many bikers buy on power alone even though most cannot worry a CB500...they buy Gixxer Thous etc cos it's an ego thing.

BDG 25-Dec-2006 01:47

Gawd i'm glad i'm in the 0.1%:rolleyes:

the phantom pieman 25-Dec-2006 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by twpd
Can't say I agree there. Many many bikers buy on power alone even though most cannot worry a CB500...they buy Gixxer Thous etc cos it's an ego thing.

And that is also why people buy Ducati .... it's a monied ego thing !!

We didn't buy the 999 cos it didn't look pretty enough. What does that say about the average Duke officianado - sort of simiar to the Jap 1000 rider, I think. So be careful in ****ging them off.

UKRR 25-Dec-2006 10:43

I have a dilemma.

I have a 749R which is an GREAT bike and I would hate to part with it.
I also have a 1000rr Fireblade.............my problem is that the 749R fullfills my Ducati ownership passion and the 1098 looks TOO much like my Jap 1000 for me to justify swapping.
I'd be swapping one 150 BHP bike for another...which looks just TOO similar (forgetting the SSSA pf course).
The REAL test will be when we see the 1198 in racing trim....will it look like Haga/Corsers R1's ?

Simon Reed 25-Dec-2006 12:35

[quote=VanDaMauler]Not the power...

Forget it, 99.9% of the users of this forum who buys one will get nowhere near the limit of the bikes power or handling.

QUOTE]

Very true van !!!!,by the way,whose that in ure avatar???,forget bikes,i'd like to put a qualifier in with her,merry xmas !!!

Fordie 25-Dec-2006 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanDaMauler
Not the power...

Everyones making me laugh, all going on about the power and how it compares to an R1 or Gixxer 1000.

The 1098 is Beautiful and its this years "Must have", thats why its gonna sell.

Its got nothing to do with the power of it, unless you are gonna be you of the tossa`s playing "Carpark Trumps" at the local bike meet.

"whats yours do mista!!!" "mines got 1000bhp and does 2000mph"

So can we stop talking about power and BHP and just keep it real???

We'll leave all the talking and showmanship to those that frequent Boxhill, leave all the true nature of the Ducati to those that no, what they want from a motor cycle ride,those that no, no the reasons why,Ive never yet really disgused the ins and outs of what does and what does.nt float my boat in the way of power and outputs. Im sure all Ducati riders or Honda riders are the same, one head, two legs, two arms its what goes on inside the brain of a Ducati rider that seperates the two. 4D

khu996 25-Dec-2006 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordie
We'll leave all the talking and showmanship to those that frequent Boxhill leave all the true nature of the Ducati to those that now what there want from a motor cycle ride,those that know, no the reasons why,Ive never yet really disgused the ins and outs of what does and what does.nt float my boat in the way of power and outputs Im sure all Ducati riders or Honda riders are the same, one head, two legs, two arms its what goes on inside the brain of a Ducati rider that seperates the two. 4D

Touche....well put 4D.

moto748 25-Dec-2006 15:20

Don't know about 'well put', I had trouble comprehending it, to be honest...

Sorry to be an old grinch, but clearly written English, in proper sentences, is a lot easier to follow.

Fordie 25-Dec-2006 15:55

Moto, Surely you don't expected clear English on Christmas day.
4D
I must try harder I must try harder I must try harder I must try harder I must try harder I must try harder
I must try harder I must try harder I must try harder I must try harder I must try harder I must try harder

Danm I never put in any fullstops