Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   which tyres please? (/showthread.php?t=23234)

remfanuk 22-Oct-2005 12:35

which tyres please?

hi..i have a 1998 900ss (classic shape - carbed) and want to swap the squared off off bridgestone bt10's to something a little more sporty/sticky.

any suggestions please? also...any advantage to sticking a 180 section rear tyre on as opposed to a 170 section?

thanks.

Jools 22-Oct-2005 14:28

Diablos seem to work well on almost any bike. You'll have to be very brave to need more than the standard Diablo on the road.

I've got a 180 on my ST instead of the 170 it came with. Swapped so long ago I can't remember, but I'm sure that I didn't notice any difference

[Edited on 22-10-2005 by Jools]

chris.p 22-Oct-2005 18:29

As per jools, go with the diablo's.

Chris.:burn:

remfanuk 22-Oct-2005 21:15

anyone got a link to a reputable place to buy them from online....cheap as possible please! ta.

chris.p 23-Oct-2005 11:44

Here you go

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/

Chris.:burn:

remfanuk 23-Oct-2005 14:57

cheers Chris...they seem really good value...be suprised if they can be had cheaper tbh...but dont mind if someone suprises me!

as my bike is off the road i am gonna get them fitted over the winter....what should i be looking at re cost of fitting if i take wheels in to fitters? this might seem stupid...but would kwik fit and the like be able to fit bike tyres?

Glyn 23-Oct-2005 15:03

dont think kwik fit will do bike tryes but if you have a ring round the smaller tyre fitters in your area you should be able to get them done
i pay £10 per wheel to have tyres fitted and balenced
but if you go to club meets you can often get it for £5 per wheel

it's always worth mentioning that there are no scratches on the wheels and you'd like to keep um that way

Glyn 23-Oct-2005 15:06

and you could also try mike davis at http://www.robsomracing.co.uk/superbiketyres.htm
mention the dsc

KeefyB 23-Oct-2005 21:59

Or if you want somewhere in Lincolnshire,try Holbeach Tyres.
www.holbeachtyres.com

remfanuk 24-Oct-2005 19:41

thanks lads...some good links there. acutally was in Hi-Q in Lincoln today getting tyres fitted to my car and they said that they dont touch them...think i overheard the manager say that they can be damaged to easily!!!! yikes!!! so, quite suprised to see Hi-Q in Holbeach doing bike tyres...interesting...

what is the likely hood of more damage on a bike wheel as opposed to a set of car alloys when doing a tyre change anyone? thanks again.