Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   This is one of ours... (/showthread.php?t=38133)

RightSaidFred 26-Oct-2006 22:48

This is one of ours...

...isn't it? Can't remember whose it was tho. C'mon own up!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-DUCATI-RE...QQcmdZViewItem

philthy 27-Oct-2006 00:17

Rob B might know, he's just up the road from there I think.

phil_h 27-Oct-2006 09:11

I like yellow, it looks really good on ducatis, but a yellow frame :(

Jools 27-Oct-2006 10:20

Not keen on the yellow frame either, but hey ho...each to their own.

Now, the write up on 851/888's in MCN had three readers bikes and one of those had a yellow frame. Surely it must be the same one? Although I would've thought that the seller might have put "As seen in MCN" in the ad.

Rushjob 27-Oct-2006 17:53

Belts changed in 2000 :o
This is good?????

Rob B 27-Oct-2006 19:59

Yep, I've seen it. Quite nice bike, too.

RJ, I think the engine rebuild was 2000.

Rgds,

Rob

RightSaidFred 28-Oct-2006 06:35

Jools, yeah that's it! MCN! Knew i'd seen it before.
Can't make up my mind bout the frame. Either way, bold move by the owner to personalise the bike. It's a shall - I - shan't I decision, that's for sure, like me when I had mine done in black.
It seems the consensus is that it's ok to personalise a strada into an SP - a - like - with - my own - stamp on it, but a sacriligeous almost hanging offence to change anything on an SP!
You *own* a Strada, but you're just a *custodian* of an SP and bound by an unwritten moral code to preserve it as time goes on!

RightSaidFred 28-Oct-2006 06:46

Since mine broke down last weekend and then got damaged by the recovery people, I think this winter i'll be mostly setting fire to mine and getting the GSXR out!!

Ok, ok only joking (tin hats on and running like hell for cover...)

Have you seen my old Suzuki by the way? I wonder if i'll get away with posting a pic. I'll give it a go...

RightSaidFred 28-Oct-2006 06:50

Hm didn't work. Guess the server is 'Suzuki proof.'

weeveetwin 28-Oct-2006 10:16

Looks to be a nice 851. (It does sound like the belts have been on it for six years tho!)

The 'bars look to be raised too. Seem to suit it. I wonder if the fairing had to be modded to make room for the steering lock?

(..and could fitting 50mm Termis really make it as quick as an SP5? Hard to believe. Maybe the SP needs a tune!)