Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   ******** Clutch (/showthread.php?t=6736)

DJ Tera 17-Apr-2004 18:25

******** Clutch

Decided to try to bleed the sodding clutch, air got into the system, and I cant bloody get it out :mad:
Been standing around like a lemon pumping the lever etc and I'm getting nowhere fast :mad: After an hour theres still no resistance at the lever :(

Anyone got any suggestions? Been thinking of defecting and getting a zx10 recently, this is pushing me one step closer :mad:

I need some help before I really lose it :lol:

skidlids 17-Apr-2004 18:32

I prefer to do it off the bike and put a G-clamp across the slave cylinder to give you something solid to pump against, just like you have if your doing the brakes.Also you can mount the Slave higher so the air will rise to the bleed nipple.

Iconic944ss 17-Apr-2004 18:32

Do a search on here DJ, I'm sure this was mentioned very recently......something about slackening off a banjo or bleed nipple????? to actually let the air out

Glyn 17-Apr-2004 18:32

same happened to me it's a swine.
set up to bleed as normal
pump clutch a few times then hold in leaver.loosen bleed niple and then tighten with lever still in.repeat as needed( a lot )

DJ Tera 17-Apr-2004 18:41

been doin that mate, even tried undoing the nut at the cylinder.

Been doin this for an hour!

andyb 17-Apr-2004 19:03

Go to a chemist and get a small syringe(no needle) you can draw the fluid through your normal tube connected to the bleed nipple on the slave then rather than try to pump it, works for me!

madmav 17-Apr-2004 19:09

clutch

Dj take the cylinder off ! remove and clean up the piston then put some grease (smidgen) around the seal ! Then push the piston all the way in to the cylinder ! RE-fit the cylinder then top up the resovoir with clean fluid and bleed as normal !!! THIS WILL DO THE TRICK !!!!! regards mav :cool:

DJ Tera 17-Apr-2004 20:16

Right, I took the slave cylinder off, unfortunately couldn't remove the piston from the motor (I assume thats the piston mav?)

Went down to the "late night" pharmacy at 6.45 - shut :mad:

Gonna try again tomorrow....
Wheres the cheapest place to buy a ZX10R?? :alien:

madmav 17-Apr-2004 20:29

Dj get a lenght of pipe that will fit real tight on the bleed nipple !you will need the pipe at least 2 ft long then open nipple and hold pipe up above the height of the master cylinder !
then fill the pipe 3/4 full of brake fluid and then gently blow the fluid through the pipe ( empty master cylinder first) make sure as you blow fluid up through the system (A) the pipe does not run out of fluid ! if it looks like its gonna ,hold thumb over end of pipe and tighten bleed nipple up !!
basically you are back feeding the system in reverse and pussing the air up to the master cylinder !! its hard to explain how to do it !!!! but it will work ... mav:cool:

DJ Tera 17-Apr-2004 20:44

How am i gonna get brake fluid to go in the pipe/tube though? It'll just spill every where surely?