Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   848 DDA advice (/showthread.php?t=458746)

deej 07-Aug-2016 20:08

848 DDA advice

Just picked up a 848 track bike and was wondering if it was worth investing in the DDA unit for it or if there was another alternative you would recommend for track use ?

antonye 08-Aug-2016 09:47

The DDA unit is quite good because it plugs straight into the bike and includes the software to chart your laps. It includes a load of info from the bike including revs and speed, which a normal lap-timer won't have access to. I picked a DDA up for under £50 off ebay a few months ago, so it can be a really cheap option!

Ideally you want to write down a list of things you want your system to do, and then compare all the different systems to see which one is best for what you need/want/would like it to do.

deej 08-Aug-2016 19:08

Cheers antonye, this is the first time ive had a bike modern enough for these options, the gps lap timers would be handy so i can see and work on improving on track, not too worried about seeing the speeds unless i can use it to help get smoother. will keep my eyes on the bay to see if one comes up and go from there

antonye 10-Aug-2016 11:42

I think the 848 had an optional module for GPS as well? This would feed into the DDA so you'd get track plotting as well.

Have a look to see if you can find any more info as having something that simply plugs in would be way better than cobbling together a solution!

skidlids 10-Aug-2016 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by deej
Cheers antonye, this is the first time ive had a bike modern enough for these options, the gps lap timers would be handy so i can see and work on improving on track, not too worried about seeing the speeds unless i can use it to help get smoother. will keep my eyes on the bay to see if one comes up and go from there

Some of the DD guys are using slightly older Smart phones along with a bluetooth GPS receiver and the RaceChrono app, it gives lap times, sector times and speeds at all parts of the track, which should be good for trying different lines through corners that could translate to more speed down to the next corner if you get it right