Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Brands today (not so good Friday for some) (/showthread.php?t=15634)

AK 25-Mar-2005 19:02

Brands today (not so good Friday for some)

well, it wasnt so good for some:(

Looks like the desmo boys who were there were (on the whole, having a great time):D

Casualty list, when I left with Rally in my car - having collected him out of hospital on wobbly crutches with a few broken bones in his foot & cutting his hand badly, amongst some heavy all over bum bruising:o
also:
TP who had a minor disagreement in a gravel trap (bike ok, apart from slightly bent bars), rider fine (when I left, he was grinning as Dave was sorting the bar changeover for him)
Ali, whose engine in his desmo bike wanted a rest, & needs to visit uncle Nelly,

and all this by lunchtime...:o

I really hope the afternoon went better - looks like Dickie, Dave, Uncle Dunnie, MW & others bikes were going rather well.

Rally says ta for sorting out the return of his bike later peeps.

C:)

keefer 25-Mar-2005 19:36

has TP ever done a track day that hasn't ended in the gravel ?
:lol::P:lol:
on a serious note glad all are ok :saint:

clint 25-Mar-2005 19:39

Rally, hope things are not to painful at the moment. :(

Clint

skidlids 25-Mar-2005 19:45

Rally sorry to hear you had more than a minor off, sppedy recovery.
And will you all stop fighting over the muppet award, someone must be getting a new Avatar tonight

FiscusFish 25-Mar-2005 19:50

Quote:

Originally posted by CK and AK

Rally says ta for sorting out the return of his bike later peeps.

C:)

And if he's really lucky he might get back all the bits the DesmoDue boys stripped off it.... :devil::devil::devil:

Darren

AK 25-Mar-2005 21:59

there wasnt much 'bling' left in one piece to strip off it Darren!!:P

C

Albie 25-Mar-2005 22:01

Oh nooooo:o:(:(

Rally 25-Mar-2005 22:13

Is that official then - I get first muppet of the year? ;)

For those who don't know - I high sided out of Druids.

Big thanks to CK for getting me home, Duncan for getting what's left of the bike home and everyone for there support.

I was saying to Charlotte that perhaps the worst part of the incident is that I can't say that I learnt anything from it (except what a great bunch of guys the DSC are). I don't think I was pushing that hard - I didn't get any warning before it let go. There is nothing that I can say 'That's where I went wrong - won't do that again'. Ho hum.

Of course being somewhat disabled for the moment does scupper my Desmodue plans. Very much doubt that I'll make Cadwell.

Albie 25-Mar-2005 22:15

Glad your not too bad Rally. Sorry to hear news tho. Hope repaired soon mate

AK 25-Mar-2005 22:18

Glad you got her home Michael, Alan says if you need any help.... he has the phone number of a few Ducati mechs & bodyshops for you:devil: - nah - gissa call & we'll try & help.

Hope the foot hasnt started to be too painful yet, and also that you made your parents work jolly hard around your gaff getting it 'just so' for you & restocking your dreadfully empty batchelor fridge! :D

C:saint: