Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Paint schemes - what would you do? (/showthread.php?t=9345)

everton 06-Aug-2004 15:41

Paint schemes - what would you do?

With a 999R right side panel and nose cone suffering with gravel rash I have spent the week considering my options.

So far they appear to be -
[list=1][*]Replace the panels with new - cost £2K +[*]Paint back to original - cost £400 approx[*]Repaint complete bike as Fila or MotoGP rep - cost £900 approx[/list=1]

I'm interested in what you guys would suggest. At the moment I'm leaning towards the rep jobby. Possibly not Fila or MotoGP as would consider other schemes if you have other ideas.

Steve M 06-Aug-2004 15:52

Frankie Chilli rep - I know he doesn't use the 999 much (never) but the paint scheme is superb, as it is on his 998.:burn:

everton 06-Aug-2004 15:57

Isn't that yellow though Steve...............:barfy:

Some anonymous chap just sent me this suggestion....................

Twinfan 06-Aug-2004 15:57

Back to standard. Cheaper, won't date like a race scheme and will maintain your resale price better.

everton 06-Aug-2004 15:57

Quote:

Originally posted by Twinfan
Back to standard. Cheaper, won't date like a race scheme and will maintain your resale price better.

Hhhmmmmm - good point.

Steve M 06-Aug-2004 16:02

Quote:

Originally posted by everton
Isn't that yellow though Steve...............:barfy:

Some anonymous chap just sent me this suggestion....................

Oh yes - you do need to want/like a Yellow bike and if it' red now, then any stone chips would look terrible. so maybe not a Chilli rep.

Hello Dibble - you and your posts are missed:(

Jools 06-Aug-2004 16:04

Yep, standard is what I would go for.

No disrespect to people with race rep paint jobs, but they always look a bit "wannabe" to my eyes.

No problem with stickers and rep paint on trackday fairings, but on a road bike they look a bit OTT...not to say the biking equivalent of the 'Max Power' brigade

everton 06-Aug-2004 16:07

Again..........good point Jools.

That should have been my 4th point. With more track time coming up I could get the track kit painted out in rep colours and just have the original panels re-painted.

Don't tell the wife though................more expense :(:(

AK 06-Aug-2004 16:14

just dont ask AK!!!:o

:lol::lol::lol:

C

Dibble - come baaaaccckkk:roll:

Karl 06-Aug-2004 18:42

As I`ve said Davd, I`m not a great fan of the Fila colours( back in my days at school Fila trainers were uncool), I would have gone for the GP colours, but whos to say that the GP colours won`t change next year, then you be left with last years colours. Also I would have been put off by the thought of painting over £2000 worth of carbon.:o

I would say standard as you won`t be able to see that lovely carbon 999r lettering with a Rep respary.
Why not do a Poll to help make your mind up

[Edited on 6-8-2004 by Karl]