Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   1098 Biposto??? (/showthread.php?t=38981)

ChrisG 18-Nov-2006 14:02

1098 Biposto???

Guys,

Does anyone know if there is going to be a two seat/biposto option for the 1098? All the photos on the only show a single seat unit.

Chris

VanDaMauler 18-Nov-2006 14:12

Cars have two seats...

VanDaMauler 18-Nov-2006 14:15

Bikes have one.

Stones 18-Nov-2006 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisG
Guys,

Does anyone know if there is going to be a two seat/biposto option for the 1098? All the photos on the only show a single seat unit.

Chris

If you look at the spec sheets they give all models as 'Duel seat'... I have seen a test picture with what looked like the rear seat cowl removed to show a seat... think its a case of remove the cowl and volt on supplied foot pegs!

Stones 18-Nov-2006 17:47

in fact this picture sems to show an 'uncovered' version in the background.... I think by the look of it you replace the cowl with the seat unit rather than just uncover it http://www.pierrecol.com/Milan2006/Milan%20119.jpg

Martin Ducati Glasgow 18-Nov-2006 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stones
....... think its a case of remove the cowl and bolt on supplied foot pegs!

Spot on!

All new 1098s are twin / dual / biposto. They have been designed so a small cowling fits into the seat area to simulate a mono.

Also the pegs are very easy to remove (although i've obviously not done it yet!) and leave no signs of lugs etc! Quiet a tidy wee mod!

The factory said they were always fighting about how many bips and monos to make so this solves the issue!

Mart

ChrisG 18-Nov-2006 19:08

Thanks for the replies.

Martin, As per telephone discussion last week, I hope to hear from you soon

Cheers
Chris in Aberdeen

Rally 19-Nov-2006 02:07

Interestingly, non of the bikes on show at the Milan show had passenger footpegs fitted. Nor did the frame they had on show have any obvious mounting points for them. I'd like to see the 1098 with the passenger footpegs fitted... anyone got a pic?

KeefyB 19-Nov-2006 08:06

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rally
Interestingly, non of the bikes on show at the Milan show had passenger footpegs fitted. Nor did the frame they had on show have any obvious mounting points for them. I'd like to see the 1098 with the passenger footpegs fitted... anyone got a pic?

You're right,the bip was there,but had no footpegs.There are some fitted on this early spy shot.

Rod 19-Nov-2006 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeefyB
You're right,the bip was there,but had no footpegs.There are some fitted on this early spy shot.

The hangars bolt to two plates which are located behind the side panels on the bike (which themselves are welded onto the subframe). The seat cowl is removed and replaced with a seat cushion pad (supplied) which then "voila!" forms a Biposto. When removed you at least don't see the mounting points, as used to be the case before and it also gets Ducati out of the dilemna of having to make specific Monoposto and Biposto machines, each with different spring rates and subframes. Sounds like a good plan to me.