Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   The Muppet, the 888SP5 and Jasper (/showthread.php?t=80701)

TP 24-Sep-2009 20:04

The Muppet, the 888SP5 and Jasper

I finished paying for this bike a while ago but due to the immense nature of my idiocy I'm only just starting to be able have a sense of humour about this bellend mistake I made!

Now, I'm resurrecting the "DSC Muppet Award" and claiming it with both hands. The muppet award seems to have tailed off in recent years but it used to be awarded to a DSC member who had crashed on a track day. Racing doesn't count. I'm sure that at least one DSC member has toppled off on a track day since I did but in the interests of club spirit I'll take it. And so close to the end of the season too! I could have it all winter...

The muppet = me for crashing what is not only a rare bike, the 888SP5, but one that has blinged to death and had rare carbon panels and footpegs on it!!!

The 888SP5 = Jasper's pride and joy, the blingtastic machine with more rare bits and pieces on it than pretty much any bike I've seen.

Jasper = The very magnanimous gentleman who was keen for me to ride this piece of exotica. Not only is Rich a thoroughly decent chap, he took it all in his stride when I brought his broken mistress back to him. He could have ranted and raved and even stuck one on me but he didn't. And not only did he not do any of that, he even tried to stop me from paying the entire bill to restore it back to pristine condition because I am unemployed and he was concerned about my financial situation. Well clearly I was having none of that, it was my mistake and not his, so I paid it. Ouch!!

So a very public thank you to Rich for being such a legend and I'm glad we got it all sorted out. I'll take you out for that promised curry and beers to try make up for the time you missed this summer on it when you should have been riding.

So there you have it, I am the Ducati Sporting Club muppet. Please all join in and have a few giggles at my expense :)

antonye 24-Sep-2009 20:20

Actually, you did the right thing and for that you should be applauded, not that I'd have any doubt that you wouldn't.

Well done to Jasper too for being calm about it.

But you're still a mucking fuppet though TP ;) :lol:

TP 24-Sep-2009 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
But you're still a mucking fuppet though TP ;) :lol:

Yes, yes I am.

But a damn good looking one ;) :lol:

NBs996 24-Sep-2009 21:20

A very worthy recipient of the award. Although it has to be said, there has been much better looking winners.

I still have 'mares about nearly crashing into Jasper at Cadwell a couple of years ago... my on-board vid makes me hide behind the sofa every time I watch it!

Jasper 24-Sep-2009 22:53

TP yes you were muppet,but were up front all the way.All the bits are back and repaired or renewed.Plus taking the opportunity to make a few more changes.

Pictures will be next year,because i have a bit off a health issue at the moment!:(

I couldn't **** you,i was in shock.Anyway my daughter was there.She did say "Why didn't you hit that man Daddy?" MMmmmmm.still not sure:rolleyes:

NB.When did you nearly hit me? And was it my fault? Can you send me the vid?

deej 24-Sep-2009 23:11

Wow yes you deserve the muppet award but what about a spirit of the dsc award too. There isn't many people who would pay to repair a bike that wasn't theirs. Fair play to you TP

Ray 24-Sep-2009 23:16

The title of Master of the Muppets isn't dished out for just any old trackday lowside ya know but I reckon for the special effort you made on what must be one of the shortest test rides ever attempted at Cadwell, did you actually get on to the track upright?, wins you that honour:lol:

You join some of the DSC Muppetry greats like WJB for dumping one of Ducati Uk's bikes at mallory, not to mention at least one unmentionable incident, that I'm not going to ...er...mention

Monty is a multiple title holder and according to the search i've just done the last know holder of the DSC Muppet award.

Just doing a search on muppet on the site was a great nostalgia trip:D

It would be great to bring back the award and it's avatar.

Yep, IIRC the award could only be claimed for trackday spills, racing or road spills were disallowed muppetry.

Oh how I laugh :mad: now about my own feeble attempt at muppetry, not putting my old 996 on its sidestand properly in the pitlane at the end of trackday at Donington, walking away only to hear the priceless sound of metal and plastic crunching as it fell over. Then stupidly firing it up only for the damaged clutch cover to whip a clutch post off, ...........aaahhh what fun:rolleyes:

Ray

andyb 24-Sep-2009 23:47

why is a clearly clever bloke like you out of work?:confused:

chris.p 25-Sep-2009 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP

But a damn good looking one ;) :lol:

That is very debatable:rolleyes: ya muppet.

Nice one for getting Jaspers bike sorted.

Chris:burn:

Jasper 25-Sep-2009 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by deej
Wow yes you deserve the muppet award but what about a spirit of the dsc award too. There isn't many people who would pay to repair a bike that wasn't theirs. Fair play to you TP

Because the hospital bills would have cost more than the repairs!!:ninja::o