Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Bikes For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   race bike wanted for next year (/showthread.php?t=144558)

yeendy 08-Sep-2012 09:08

race bike wanted for next year

hi, i am planning to return to racing after letting my bones heal properly this time, after a two year break,
i have raced for 2 years on 600's and latterly an old gpz 750 with earlystocks for two seasons.
can i race in A and B classes or just A ?
I hope to come along to cadwell on the sunday to have a look around the paddock and catch you guys racing, i will leave my wallet at home i think because i am a sucker for shiny stuff , i hope to buy a bike to race during the closed season so i can fettle over the winter and come out guns blazing in 2013. or tootling round at the back which is more likely.
Any help in choice of bike would be appreciated.
cheers
Yeendy

dunlop0_1 08-Sep-2012 09:21

Your making an excellent decision. There should be one or two bikes for sale at the mo, I know Paul Pullen and Rich Fleet have B bikes for sale.

I think the rule is that if you have raced in the past 3 years then it's A class.
Over that and you can enter B as a novice again.

The young Mr Ellis will confirm this. :D

skidlids 08-Sep-2012 10:20

hi Yeendy as Neil mentioned in his post above its going to be a Class A your looking for unless you hold a Novice licence.
Early Stocks will stand you in good sted for DD, the Journalist Luke Brackenbury won that Championship then did a one off guest ride with us at Mallory a few years ago for Performance Bikes magazine, he quallified on the front row and finished on the Podium on a real budget Class B bike that he was racing for the first time. Showing he was a bit to good for the Starter/Rookie/Novice Class

If you make it to Cadwell come and have a chat i'm riding #88

yeendy 08-Sep-2012 12:16

thanks for the replies guys. hope to see you on sunday. one more question .is there more shiny bits on class A bikes than class B:)

yendor 08-Sep-2012 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeendy
thanks for the replies guys. hope to see you on sunday. one more question .is there more shiny bits on class A bikes than class B:)

After a seasons racing there are not many shiny bits on AorB bikes lol.

Ghost 08-Sep-2012 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by yendor
After a seasons racing there are not many shiny bits on AorB bikes lol.

PMSL, but so true.

skidlids 08-Sep-2012 15:13

But you can start the season with a bit more bling.
Main thing with the injected class A bikes over the carb'd Class B bikes is not only the 22% more power but the allowance for adjustable forks

Ghost 08-Sep-2012 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
But you can start the season with a bit more bling.
Main thing with the injected class A bikes over the carb'd Class B bikes is not only the 22% more power but the allowance for adjustable forks

But do many go tweaking them, Angry C and myself still run the old 583 non adjustables, Andy has had one or two wins. :D For me on these bikes I don't think its an expense that is worth considering. But if its in your head it could help.

bradders 08-Sep-2012 18:13

Adjust the rear more than the front, but thats because I had the front set up properly, no doubt Mark will be adjusting given our slight weight variance ;)

yendor 09-Sep-2012 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
Adjust the rear more than the front, but thats because I had the front set up properly, no doubt Mark will be adjusting given our slight weight variance ;)

WTF he only asked about shiny bits, where did forks & weight come in to it.