Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Electric bikes up their game (/showthread.php?t=83712)

skidlids 16-Jan-2011 23:08

Electric bikes up their game

Now this is what I calll progress
Chip Yates gets a couple of Podiums on an Electric bike in a WERA Heavyweight Twins Superbike race, against Ducatis, KTM RC8s etc
And also set the fastest lap

http://www.lubricants.co.uk/21158/el...rol-power.html

Murray Mint 17-Jan-2011 07:29

Mighty impressive, good find Kev. Ultimately th way forward.

Monty 17-Jan-2011 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Mint
Mighty impressive, good find Kev. Ultimately th way forward.

That's the same track as they tested the 'Pike Peak' Multistrada on when it humbled superbikes on a trackday.
Personally I don't think I fancy the concrete walls on the really fast bit-if you 'brushed' one of those it could get messy.................

John

Ray 19-Jan-2011 10:57

Impressive though the race result is two major issues don't really crop up from the use of a leccy race bike or even a grid full.

EVs will put the lights out in this country and others unless the infrastructure, the national grid is upgraded.

Where does the leccy come from? that'll be powerstations then, again a massive upgrade needed in generating capacity if EV's are going to progress from expensive novelty to mass transport that can replace the IC engine.

Ray.

Murray Mint 19-Jan-2011 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray
Impressive though the race result is two major issues don't really crop up from the use of a leccy race bike or even a grid full.

EVs will put the lights out in this country and others unless the infrastructure, the national grid is upgraded.

Where does the leccy come from? that'll be powerstations then, again a massive upgrade needed in generating capacity if EV's are going to progress from expensive novelty to mass transport that can replace the IC engine.

Ray.

True to a certain extent but in most case's EV's are going to be charged during the night when the grid is being used the least, this will keep the National Grid happy as it will keep it working at a more efficient level.

skidlids 19-Jan-2011 21:42

Well the car plant just over the road from me is close to launching their electric Mini and charging points have just been installed around Oxford and Milton Keynes, so things are moving forward on this front.
Shame Culham labs and the JET project haven't cracked the Fusion issue yet, but there is plenty of Fission know how around, its 30 years since I did any work on Nuclear reactors and we still don't make the most of them, prefering to burn Oil, Coal and Gas.

As for the Electric bikes, they almost managed the ton up lap at the TT and when we were at Pembrey some of them were lapping in the same times as our DD bikes

skidlids 28-Jan-2011 19:14

1 Attachment(s)
These electric bikes keep getting better

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...rm-speedymoto/