Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   1098 New Pics & Specs (/showthread.php?t=38647)

Sharpy G 09-Nov-2006 08:13

1098 New Pics & Specs

5 Attachment(s)
1098 New Pics & Specs
G

UKRR 09-Nov-2006 08:27

What is DDA....ready on base and enabled on S

Sharpy G 09-Nov-2006 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKRR
What is DDA....ready on base and enabled on S

I think it's the traction control system

UKRR 09-Nov-2006 08:31

Found this

With the purchase of the Ducati Data Analyser (DDA), which includes PC software, a USB-ready data retrieval card and instructions, owners are ready to review and analyse the performance of the 1098 and its rider, and make comparisons between various channels of information. The DDA is available from Ducati Accessories, and is supplied as standard equipment on the 1098 S.

Normally used on race bikes only, the system records numerous channels of data including throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, engine temperature, distance travelled, laps and lap times. The system also automatically calculates engine rpm and vehicle speed data so as to also display gear selection as an additional channel of information. At the end of a ride or track session, up to 2mb (approximately 3.5 hours) of data can be downloaded to your PC ready to compare, analyse and get an inside view of you and your 1098’s performance.

Data can be analysed in graphic form with options to zoom into detail of specific sections. Dragging a trace along a timeline to reveal individual values of the above listed channels enables the user to analyse performance in the same way that data technicians are able in factory teams.

Stu748R 09-Nov-2006 08:35

More pics and details on the Moto Rapido webb site........enjoy

TP 09-Nov-2006 09:40

Just over 90lb-ft! Grrrr!!!

Jools 09-Nov-2006 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKRR
Found this

With the purchase of the Ducati Data Analyser (DDA), which includes PC software, a USB-ready data retrieval card and instructions, owners are ready to review and analyse the performance of the 1098 and its rider, and make comparisons between various channels of information. The DDA is available from Ducati Accessories, and is supplied as standard equipment on the 1098 S.

Normally used on race bikes only, the system records numerous channels of data including throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, engine temperature, distance travelled, laps and lap times. The system also automatically calculates engine rpm and vehicle speed data so as to also display gear selection as an additional channel of information. At the end of a ride or track session, up to 2mb (approximately 3.5 hours) of data can be downloaded to your PC ready to compare, analyse and get an inside view of you and your 1098’s performance.

Data can be analysed in graphic form with options to zoom into detail of specific sections. Dragging a trace along a timeline to reveal individual values of the above listed channels enables the user to analyse performance in the same way that data technicians are able in factory teams.

Ideal for telling us how slow we are then :lol:

phillc 09-Nov-2006 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jools
Ideal for telling us how slow we are then :lol:

Yeah, but totally ideal for the technology geeks. For me, this point is almost what sells it alone. But then again, I love gadgets and technology stuff and am a bit sick that way. Of course I don't have several thousand Pounds to spend on a 1098, but would love DDA on my DD bike!

rcgbob44 09-Nov-2006 09:56

This thing is going to sell out in no time at all.

ziggi 09-Nov-2006 10:15

Certainly looks alot better in these pictures than in the previous ones. 160Bhp for both versions. That's amazing. The data analyser sound excellent and i'm surprised the japs haven't done it first so well done Ducati for leading the way with this.