Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Help Please!!! (/showthread.php?t=365)

Nigel C 24-May-2003 20:13

Help Please!!!

Okay put a new chain on the bike but while doing so something is not right while trying to get my stupid chain riveter to rivet the chain the wheel worked its way forward till the tyre was rubbing on the hugger no problem i thought just adjust it back again, ok with everything ready to go took it out round the block and back and checked it again the hugger had been rubbing on the tyre and when i adjust the chain it was backwards ie:when i moved the adjuster to tighten the chain it slackened and when i moved to loosen the chain it tightened so something ain't right how do i get it back the right way again i presume its the eccentric thingy in the wheel? (i can't get the sprocket off so only changed the front one and the chain) can anyone help as i won't be able to get out on the rideout tomorrow

Jon 24-May-2003 20:26

Nigel. When you turned the adjuster did you turn it anti clockwise looking at it from offside. If you have gone too far with the adjuster. Take chain off the rear sprocket and turn the adjuster clockwise until you see it move forward again. Put chain back on and re-adjust anti clockwise.

Jon

Nigel C 24-May-2003 21:01

cheers!! jon:D