Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Has Anyone Ridden Nogaro? (/showthread.php?t=20090)

Ian Harris 26-Jul-2005 13:34

Has Anyone Ridden Nogaro?

100% Bikes have a four day trackday at Nogaro on 5,6,7,8th September and, at present, are offering it for £299 including bike transport. Has anyone ridden Nogaro and/or have any experience with 100% bikes?

I am looking to do a European trackday in Sept/ Oct and this looks a bargain, but I wouldn't want to economise on a crap track or a company that cut corners or overcrowd the sessions.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ian

JPM 26-Jul-2005 13:41

Couple of my mates have been, never had anything bad to say about the place, not that that is much help

Rattler 26-Jul-2005 13:42

Desmondo has been there I think too! - try a U2U

Ian Harris 26-Jul-2005 14:04

Thanks for the above, I can't help feeling that if something looks too cheap it is too cheap, but I will investigate further.

TP 26-Jul-2005 14:06

Yep, Jim has been there (Desmondo) and he liked it I think.

Send him a u2u Ian.

butch890 26-Jul-2005 15:17

Ian,myself ,Chris and Bruce had a week there in March 04 with tracktime promotions.
Fantastic circuit (ex F1) good selection of corners both fast and slow ,only critisisms would be that it apears a little run down (but not the tarmac bit ) and the french marshalls are not the most helpfull(one morning it peed down horizontally untill 12 o'clock,so the day starts and at 1.00 ,you guessed ITS LUNCH!!)
all in all well worth a go.
Ive done a couple of trakdays with 100% in england and although i wouldn't rate them as one of the best there certainly not the worst .
Hope this helps.
Butch

Ian Harris 26-Jul-2005 16:13

Butch, many thanks for that, I must admit it does sound tempting. Unhelpful marshalls? They're probably the same blokes that man the ski lifts in the winter! I've emailed them for a bit more info.

I did look at Focused Events to Jerez, but they run an "Open pitlane" in the afternoons and I think I'd be a classic "mobile chicane"

Desmondo 26-Jul-2005 16:31

Yep, been there twice with 100%. The town is crap so don't expect much evening entertainment, we always made our own in the paddock area. The circuit is great and very challenging with lots of variation - mahoooosive back straight, tight hairpins, fast sweepers, the lot. The 100% guys we were ther with were a good laugh and we went into town with them on a couple of nights for a bit of food and beer. Would I go again? Definitely :D

Ian Harris 26-Jul-2005 16:48

Quote:

Originally posted by Desmondo
Yep, been there twice with 100%. The town is crap so don't expect much evening entertainment, we always made our own in the paddock area. The circuit is great and very challenging with lots of variation - mahoooosive back straight, tight hairpins, fast sweepers, the lot. The 100% guys we were ther with were a good laugh and we went into town with them on a couple of nights for a bit of food and beer. Would I go again? Definitely :D

Excellent...many thanks for that, looks like it could be worth a go!