Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Help !! (/showthread.php?t=26284)

851neil 24-Jan-2006 09:52

Help !!

Purchased a carbon tank a while back for my 851 and am having great difficulty finding a source for the 2 male and female connectors that exit each side of the tank...
Now I may have found a supplier but the problem is that I don't know what the thread size / specification is in the tank !!
Does anybody know this size & spec ??
cheers

Neil

Rob B 24-Jan-2006 11:21

Do you mean these? they are no longer available from Ducati

Rob B 24-Jan-2006 11:23

You also wanted to see these. These are on one of Phil's bikes (I think) mine are lent out at present.

Rgds, Rob

851neil 24-Jan-2006 12:28

Rob, yes they are the connectors I need - Ducati no longer list em as available and they are like hens teeth.
I've found a pipe fittings supplier in Manchester who has a healthy online catalogue of parts and I thought that if I knew the thread size then I could order these up from him and at the very least make all on the forum aware of the catalogue number !
cheers

Neil

Rob B 28-Jan-2006 14:15

Neil,

Apologies for the delay, I have been forced to actually work for a living for the last few weeks!!!!

Anyway, I finally got around to measuring the threads - M20 x 1.5 looks like the job.

Good luck, and let us all know how you get along.

Rgds, Rob

jgriff 08-Feb-2006 07:29

If you have any luck finding a replacement for the tank connectors it would be good to know. I am seeing if I can get a set machined up. It looks like the bottom one in the picture has a check valve in it. Is that correct rob?

851neil 08-Feb-2006 11:17

yup it has a check valve in it.
but there is a solution which I've discussed in the other thread...
cheers

Neil:D