Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Grey Swingarm Paddock Stand Bobbins (/showthread.php?t=113382)

jangol 30-May-2012 21:00

Grey Swingarm Paddock Stand Bobbins

Hi,

had a look on here but not found anything that helps me @ the moment...

I have a Grey Swing arm 749 bp, I'm using a universal paddock stand with the rubber flat feet, it fits the bike ok, but im not 100% confident on it...

I know the later models (black swing arm) have holes ready for you to attach bobbins...

Has anyone every fitted any to a 749, i.e made holes up etc.... any pics did it work or is it a no no....

What else options do I have, so post back in 2005 mentioned using a single side swing up rear paddock stand??

Thanks in advance

JA

Ghost 30-May-2012 21:41

Yes, I'll dig through and post a pic.
here you go.

jangol 30-May-2012 21:43

Cheers Pal..
Be cool if you can stick a few notes on also around if it made any difference to balance of bike, or didn't you notice a thing?

JA

Ghost 30-May-2012 21:48

Yes its very secure when on the paddock stand I use an aluminium Motrax stand with adjustable claws.

jangol 30-May-2012 21:50

Is that a grey swing arm?

How did you fit them, what was used etc...

Thanks
JA

Ghost 30-May-2012 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jangol
Is that a grey swing arm?

How did you fit them, what was used etc...

Thanks
JA

I prepared 2 lengths of aluminium bar of 20mm diameter with a 8 x 1.25 thread, 25mm deep. I then milled out the arm to accept the bar. as the arm legs are not symetrical one cutout is deeper than the othe, but just measure from the axle centre down.

I then welded the bar into place, lick of paint, job done. :)

spurs 20-Feb-2013 20:01

I have used an Abba stand on my previous bike and it fits my 999s ok as well , very stable and worth the money .

Ghost 21-Feb-2013 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurs
I have used an Abba stand on my previous bike and it fits my 999s ok as well , very stable and worth the money .

ABBA stands are ok if you are working on the bike, but it takes 2 to 5 minutes to get in place. Whereas a paddock stand, 5 seconds and walk away. :D

spurs 21-Feb-2013 14:08

Agreed but as stated paddock stands are generally a little unstable particularly at that lifting moment when either at the front or back of the bike , there is always a heart in mouth moment but not so with the Abba.

Cranker V2 21-Feb-2013 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
ABBA stands are ok if you are working on the bike, but it takes 2 to 5 minutes to get in place. Whereas a paddock stand, 5 seconds and walk away. :D

Thats look nice a very neat job Ghost. simple, easy to use and stable. Ive never been a fan of Russ Abba stands - but I can see the point in using one if you have no stand bobbins on the rear.