Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   MCN Mulitstrada 1200 S Touring long term test bike (/showthread.php?t=191088)

andydMCN 25-Mar-2013 13:03

MCN Mulitstrada 1200 S Touring long term test bike

Ladies and gentlemen

Just wanted to introduce myself...I am the lucky chap who is running the 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring for MCN this year. I've actually had the bike since December and it has already done about 2500 miles but this is the first time I have posted on DSC forum.

Apart from an issue with a misfire when the bike was still brand new (traced to a dodgy plug lead eventually) everything has been brilliant - I maintain the MS1200 could well be the perfect road bike for Britain's terrible roads.
I have spoken to Monty on previous occasions about various things and I know you guys were helpful in helping us trace a load of Ducati superbikes for a history feature we did with Neil Hodgson last year.

If anyone has anything they want to chat about then either contact me through the forum or directly at andy.downes@motorcyclenews.com as I would love to hear from MS1200 owners.
My bike is standard apart from the bigger handguards, new Garmin Nuvi 350 sat-nav, a Touratech Zega Pro topbox and I have fitted some new Bridgestone T30 tyres which are excellent.
I've got lots planned for the bike this year; including a ride to Italy in May. Should be a great year.

Hope to catch up at some point.

Andy Downes
MCN Senior Reporter

Gbyte666 25-Mar-2013 13:41

Welcome to the DSC Andy, why don't you come on one of our 1st of the month ride out Berks/OX or second of the month Hants meets. Plenty of bike related banter when we stop for a brew and some great routes.

Craig

andydMCN 25-Mar-2013 14:20

Sounds like a plan...let me know a date and location and I will do my best to meet up (wife working lots of weekends and children permitting)!!!

antonye 25-Mar-2013 15:19

Welcome Andy!

If you PM me your contact address, I'll stick a copy of our Club magazine "Pronto" in the post for you which will give you more info on the DSC, it's members, what we do and so on. Can't guarantee that it will be journolistically as good as the stuff that MCN produces ... but we try!

andydMCN 25-Mar-2013 15:36

Cool and thanks...

Send it to me at the office is probably best.

MCN
Media House
Lynchwood
Peterborough Business Park
Peterborough
Cambs
PE26EA

antonye 25-Mar-2013 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andydMCN
Send it to me at the office is probably best.

No probs, will be in the post tonight!

Gbyte666 25-Mar-2013 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andydMCN
Sounds like a plan...let me know a date and location and I will do my best to meet up (wife working lots of weekends and children permitting)!!!

Andy, keep an eye out on the Rideouts/Meets section the meets are always 1st and 2nd of the month but weather permitting for a good ride out. Skids AKA Kevin Ellis leads a wicked 6 counties ride out when the weather is fine.
7th April we are all meeting up at various points to go to the Prescott Bike Festival to watch the annual hill climb event.

Craig

Iconic944ss 25-Mar-2013 20:27

Welcome Andy!

I look forward to the reviews...

Ducati Uk have just announce extended MTS1200 rides in the UK, that I also look forward to having only had a brief blast of test ride on the original launch.

On a side note, you might like to have a word with Neil Hodgson, a buddy of mine went to a track day at Almeria last year and had a pillion ride around the circuit:

Cheers - Frank

AndyW.Inuk 26-Mar-2013 14:06

Welcome to the DSC Andy.....lucky chap indeed! Looking forward to your reports on the new Mutley :-)

If you haven't already please join the Uk Ducati forums and post in the Multistrada section:
http://ducatiforum.co.uk/f6/

Hopefull see you out and about on the MTS some time.

Cheers
Andy
www.MTS1200.info

AndyW.Inuk 17-May-2013 14:06

Where've you gone Andy?

....and I did PM / Email you but not heard back :-(