Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   coolant (/showthread.php?t=26859)

loverobot 08-Feb-2006 14:56

coolant

for my trackbike should i be using standard coolant or water wetter? do circuits specify?

dickieducati 08-Feb-2006 15:06

use what you like. dont think circuits sprecify anything special for trackdays.

loverobot 08-Feb-2006 15:07

excellent

coolant it is then

will be finished tonight

yeti 08-Feb-2006 15:09

Circuits HATE coolant, it can't be cleaned up like oil and I believe it's banned on some tracks on the continent - and they check. I'm going to be using distilled water in the beast.

loverobot 08-Feb-2006 15:11

not so excellent then yeti!

are you using a rust inhibitor and where do you get distilled water from?

yeti 08-Feb-2006 15:13

Yes at the moment it does have rust inhibiting coolantm and I'm getting the distilled water out of my dehumidifier. It's about as pure as you can get. Failing that most garages/battery shops will sell you some for two thirds of f**k all.

Quote:

Originally posted by loverobot
not so excellent then yeti!

are you using a rust inhibitor and where do you get distilled water from?

yeti 08-Feb-2006 15:14

Notwithstanding all of the above, I have never heard of any UK circuit checking on a track day.

loverobot 08-Feb-2006 15:16

is that for a dd bike yeti?

nelly 08-Feb-2006 15:18

Not aware of any trackdays stipulating water only, but......... If you are going to run water only, distilled or otherwise, drain and flush the system regularly.
It doesn't take long to start clogging the cooling system up, especially the rad.
The corrosion also eats away at the mechanical seal behind the pump impeller and then you'll be running water/oil in your cooling system ;)

loverobot 08-Feb-2006 15:18

btw dickie - booked the 18th at cadders - never been there - would be good to meet and get some advice re lines / etc