Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Bikes For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   FS: Class B 600SS (/showthread.php?t=277144)

JasonBoswell 12-Jan-2014 22:57

FS: Class B 600SS

5 Attachment(s)
Need to make space in the garage, and I can no longer kid myself I’ll be back to claim the Championship. So the 600SS has to go, sadly.

This bike hasn’t run since mid-2010, so will need some attention to bring it back up to spec. But the engine is a corker and never let me down. This isn’t mint - there are dings in the tank, the off-side rear set needs to be straightened out, the bodywork is unmatched due to one too many offs, and the front screen is cracked.

But this has to go, and I honestly believe this can be a good bike again. Was hoping around £900 but will listen to those in the know on current prices.

Spec:
* 1997 model 600SS with v5 and current SORN
* Twin wavy discs
* Ohlins rear shock (from a 1000SS) with extra-long ride height adjuster (makes a mega difference)
* Cycle Cat rearsets (off-side needs to be straightened out)
* Domino QAT

Spares kit including:
* Various sprockets
* Belly pan
* DB killer
* Spare footpeg
* Ali swing-arm (not fitted)
* Front and rear paddock stands

Text me on: 07791693307 if you interested, or PM. Bike is in Chichester.

JasonBoswell 12-Jan-2014 23:01

2 Attachment(s)
Extra photos attached

skidlids 12-Jan-2014 23:04

Jason I've made it a sticky

Great value for whats on offer

As it happens I was in Chichester this morning

JasonBoswell 13-Jan-2014 11:43

Well, if someone has the patience to give it the once over then it will make a great bike...it's definitely quick enough and the engine was right on the money when I has it dyno'd.

Do let me know if you know of anyone looking for a bike, Skids. I'm not on here much (as you can tell) so I don;t know any of the characters anymore.

I moved to Chi last summer; still trying to get my bearings!

Ghost 13-Jan-2014 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonBoswell
Well, if someone has the patience to give it the once over then it will make a great bike...it's definitely quick enough and the engine was right on the money when I has it dyno'd.

Do let me know if you know of anyone looking for a bike, Skids. I'm not on here much (as you can tell) so I don;t know any of the characters anymore.

I moved to Chi last summer; still trying to get my bearings!

You will never find your bearings again Jase. :D Last time it ran was Castle Coombe if I remember, resulting in a slight excursion.

Money for that is better than alright, good luck with it, shame you are not having another go tho'. :(

JasonBoswell 13-Jan-2014 23:52

Hey Phil, good to be back here. Hope all is shaping up well for another season.

I'd love to come back racing, but reality is that I just don't get time, what with my hot, new girlfriend, and my client work with F1 and MGP; what with jetting out to Monaco to see her most weekends and global motorsport sponsorship stuff to stay on top of...

..oh, wait. I meant, wife, kids, mortgage... the usual.

Ghost 14-Jan-2014 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonBoswell
Hey Phil, good to be back here. Hope all is shaping up well for another season.

I'd love to come back racing, but reality is that I just don't get time, what with my hot, new girlfriend, and my client work with F1 and MGP; what with jetting out to Monaco to see her most weekends and global motorsport sponsorship stuff to stay on top of...

..oh, wait. I meant, wife, kids, mortgage... the usual.

Nice one. Hope to catch up sometime this year Jason. :) :D

JasonBoswell 29-Aug-2014 16:10

Bump. This needs a good home ASAP so open to cash offers - come on, the Ohlins is as rare as hen's teeth and needs to see some DD action!

JasonBoswell 06-Sep-2014 16:50

Sold !

funkatronic 07-Sep-2014 09:01

thanks jason, was great meeting you, looking forward to getting the bike running so i can hopefully dip my toe into DD next year. :eek: :D

regards

alasdair